• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sitting in the emergency vets with the Dyl again

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
And I've just been put behind a cat even though I was here first and he's teeth grinding. My poor little man is horribly bloated about the sixth time in as many weeks, he keeps trying to leave me , my poor old man Dylan

I think it's because the cat was a bit more of an emergency. He's been admitted now, got to call in a bit. They'd asked about his quality of life because he gets bloat a lot lately, but he was trying to climb up my body and get inside my armpit :lol: so they could see he's not quite ready yet hehe

Thank you, just spoke to the vets he's a lot better pooing, weeing and eating everything they give him pellets, hay and loads of veg. I'm thinking he may as well eat as much as he can to get our money's worth after being admitted as an emergency on a bank holiday Sunday :lol:

:lol: Yes, always best to get money's worth. When Katy was admitted with statis over a weekend the vet went out and got her some pineapple as he was also getting some vodka for a cat who had been poisoned :cry: Apparently it helps :?

Glad Dyl is improving x

:lol: I think I maybe drove it to him. He did say to me that I was not a "normal" bunny owner and that I asked difficult questions that people would not normally ask :oops: I think it was a compliment really but did laugh and apologised.

:) glad Dylan is feeling better. He'd have to eat about a year's worth of food though to cover an out of hours consultation fee!

:lol: I should have pinched a couple of loo rolls on the way out too, he's home now :lol: on another load of meds, but feeling a lot better :love:

So glad he's better.

If he gets gassy a lot can you persuade the vets to let you have some meds at home to try and treat him yourself?

Back