• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking, toys, general questions

lolabun

Warren Scout
Hello lovelies,

Looked through the FAQ, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I hope someone will be able to help, though i don't feel this is an urgent issue.

Lola has recently started licking fuzzy cushions, blankets, that kind of thing. I watch her carefully, she's not pulling out any of the fibers or eating any of it, don't worry!

Is this licking behaviour grooming? Could it possibly be that she's lonely? or bored?
I have given her all the toys i can think of. Balls, tunnels, hidy places, digging places, climbing stuff, rattles... but she doesn't seem to be interested in anything, she just sleeps most of the day.

Are there any games i can try? Something I can do to amuse her?

I hope someone can help! Lola is my first bun, and i want to make her as happy as possible!

Thank you for listening to me rant! :oops:

Is she a lone bunny? I would think about getting her a friend if you aren't planning to. If a bun grooms things around you it can be their way of grooming you. Fiver (my buck) does this, he never licks me directly, just objects around me. He always watches me as he does this, they like to know you notice lol.

I think bunnies generally do just lick objects but it would still be nice for her to have a friend as it could be a sign that she is missing the relationship she would have with another bunny.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.
She is a lone bun, and i did want to get her a friend, but I got made redundant today. I don't think it would be fair to get another bun as I might not be able to provide for it properly.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.
She is a lone bun, and i did want to get her a friend, but I got made redundant today. I don't think it would be fair to get another bun as I might not be able to provide for it properly.

Ok, I can understand that :) Sorry about you being made redundant, that's awful :(
I think as long as you plan to bond her when you are financially able, as much as you can provide for her she will most likely be missing the companionship of another bun.

As for toys, have you tried toilet/tissue roll tubes stuffed with hay and noms? That's always a hit but it is really messy! :lol: I have a bun who is very..high maintenance lol. He is very destructive and it's sometimes hard to keep him occupied long enough for him not to get bored (he is even bonded!) Cardboard boxes are always a hit but make sure she doesn't just sit and eat it lol. My buns will eat cardboard but not excessively so I feel it's ok for them to have one. I get a big box and fill it with hay and put pellets/greens/treats/forage in so they have to dig about for them, fortunately mine don't pee in the boxes so they last quite a while. Has she got a puzzle ball that you can put treats in? I found this very helpful when Fiver was a lone bun, he found it very exciting and it used to take him longer to eat his food or any treats I gave him.

Hi!

Thanks so much for your informative answer!
I certainly am planning to get her a friend when I can!

Thanks so much, i will try toilet tubes and a box, and see if she likes them!

:love:

I'd also suggest getting a big paper bag and stuffing it with hay, apple branches, timothy cubes, veggies, etc. My bonded pair had so much fun ripping into it and they spent most of the night with their butts hanging out the end :love:

Back