• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just ordered a happy hutch!!!

I have just ordered a massive happy hutch and run
sykes-rabbit-huch-run-combo.jpg

The hutch I ordered is 6ft x 3ft x 3ft, so nice and big.
I'm so pleased I can't wait for it to arrive:D

I have the same product but smaller in size.

Great quality however the run could be stronger by them using thicker wood. And the mesh holes shouldn't be as wide as they are because they're easy enough to get fox teeth through and a fox could possibly get through it.

I re enforced the mesh with another layer of smaller sized mesh.

Thanks for that:D

I'll reinforce it with smaller mesh, it's a shame for that price you would expect them to get it right wouldn't you:roll:

Lucky bunnies. I've used these in the past as well and theyre good hutches.
I agree with the above comments. It's also best to put bolts and padlocks on rather than swivel locks as foxes can open the twist latches... As can unwanted human visitors too.

That's the same hutch that we have for Poppy and Sam. The hutch doesn't look like that anymore, or at least ours doesn't. To be honest I am kinda disappointed in ours. :/.

If it's any consolation I've just bought the 6x3x3 happyhutch too and I'm really pleased with it, I don't think it needs reinforcing, the bigger ones are made with thicker wood etc anyway and I don't see how the mesh could be any smaller! The only addition I have made is some bolts for the doors and hasp/staple type catches for the run lid to make sure that a fox can't open the swivel catches, and I will do some weather proofing for the mesh parts for the rain. It arrived really quickly too, even though the site says they are made to order. I have put Lino down on the floor to make it easier to clean (do it before you constuct the hutch so you don't need to cut around the joins!) and have put sealant around the joints on the inside, and now I'm in the process of ripping out the old playhouse and run and getting the ground ready to put the new one in while the newlyweds are bonding.

Good luck with yours, I hope you're as happy with it as I am with mine!

Back