• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inca is not well today. - Doing better today P19

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Got up this morning and Inca never ate her pellets, VERY unusual. So I tried her veg....nope. She was lying in her crate not wanting any attention, which is again very unusual.

So me and Chris decided we would just take her to the vets.

Vets said her tummy feels a wee bit bloated but not too bad, checked her temperature which was ok. Also checked her teeth, says maybe small spurs but nothing major. Vet gave her Metoclop injection, Baytril Injection and Buscopan Injection. I have more Metoclop and Baytril home with me, and some recovery food.

Came back home and she has eaten some veg, one pellet and some Hawthorn leaves so not too bad. She just looks really tired just now :(:(

She also keeps licking the vet bed, no idea why that would be!

Last edited:
Sending vibes for Inca xxx I really hope she feels better soon. Boris is feeling a little poorly today as well so I know how you feel :(

Doughnut had that and was given exactly the same meds. She was hunched up in the corner refusing to eat, normally she jumps out her hutch begging for pellets. I had to take her back the following day if she wasn't eating. After a few hours she started begging for pellets again, such a relief. I now try and give her dill most days for gas and have infracol in the cabinet, although I would always take her to the vets to be on the safe side.

Hopefully the recovery will now be quick and by this evening you would never have thought she was ill!

Sending vibes, Inca is one of the RU buns that really stands out to me :love:

Maybe she didn't sleep well in the night? The last time Beau had stasis we think it was because a bird had made her nest outside his window and had been disturbing his night's sleep. He won't eat if he's tired. Might something have kept her up last night? The weather maybe?

Also, Beau licks his paw when he's trying to sleep, so maybe that's why she's licking too?

Doughnut had that and was given exactly the same meds. She was hunched up in the corner refusing to eat, normally she jumps out her hutch begging for pellets. I had to take her back the following day if she wasn't eating. After a few hours she started begging for pellets again, such a relief. I now try and give her dill most days for gas and have infracol in the cabinet, although I would always take her to the vets to be on the safe side.

Hopefully the recovery will now be quick and by this evening you would never have thought she was ill!

She seems to be getting better as the day goes on, she was just in the litter tray eating some hay. She is deffo not herself though. Fingers crossed that she gets over this quickly like your Doughnut.

Sending vibes, Inca is one of the RU buns that really stands out to me :love:

Maybe she didn't sleep well in the night? The last time Beau had stasis we think it was because a bird had made her nest outside his window and had been disturbing his night's sleep. He won't eat if he's tired. Might something have kept her up last night? The weather maybe?

Also, Beau licks his paw when he's trying to sleep, so maybe that's why she's licking too?

She is an indoor bun so shouldn't have had any upsets from an external source, but I did notice that the litter tray was moved a bit this morning so she might have caught her foot in it or something and had a bit of a scare.

I think I will stop pestering her for a while in case she is licking cos she is tired! I keep on trying to feed her stuff! She is probably knackered and I am annoying her.

She is an indoor bun so shouldn't have had any upsets from an external source, but I did notice that the litter tray was moved a bit this morning so she might have caught her foot in it or something and had a bit of a scare.

I think I will stop pestering her for a while in case she is licking cos she is tired! I keep on trying to feed her stuff! She is probably knackered and I am annoying her.

Beau is an indoor bun too! But the nesting bird still upset him! Even a strong wind in the night can stop him sleeping, wuss :roll::lol:

I hope she perks up soon. You have hopefully Stopped it from developing into anything too serious by getting her to the vet ASAP.

Just came through to see her and she was eating her hay and she has done loads of poo. They are darker and smaller than usual but at least she is doing them :)

Sounds like you caught her in the early stages of stasis. :) I think it's called illius? I'm not sure how to spell it lol! It's basically when their guts slow down. Both my buns have experienced it and have pulled through in a few hours usually by themselves. Seems to happen late at night or weekends when the vets are closed! :roll: When they have gone to the vets for a check up the vet has said their guts have felt a little bloated and given them meds to make sure they don't relapse. :)

Hopefully she will be perfectly ok! Sending Inca lots of nose rubs and vibes that she is back to normal by tomorrow. x

Sounds like you caught her in the early stages of stasis. :) I think it's called illius? I'm not sure how to spell it lol! It's basically when their guts slow down. Both my buns have experienced it and have pulled through in a few hours usually by themselves. Seems to happen late at night or weekends when the vets are closed! :roll: When they have gone to the vets for a check up the vet has said their guts have felt a little bloated and given them meds to make sure they don't relapse. :)

Hopefully she will be perfectly ok! Sending Inca lots of nose rubs and vibes that she is back to normal by tomorrow. x

wow that's interesting. Doughnut got it when she was moulting. She's moulting now so pulling bits of fur off where i can and keep brushing. I always worry now as her poop is smaller again but she's eating a lot so all ok.

Pleased your little one is making good progress. So good to catch things early if possible.

Angel gets like this a lot. She loves thyme and dill though so we can usually get her to continue eating with that. How's she doing now? Have you got any fenugreek crunchy things or anything? Thatd encourage her to eat.
xxxx

Well the vibes worked well :)

She was eager for her pellets this morning and has just tucked into her plate of veg. Loads of poo overnight although many irregular shaped and dark, but hey they are there!

She is now sprawled out under the sofabed.

I had a few metaclop injections still to give her so I just gave her it there and I think I will give her the other two just to be sure.

:) Yayyy, happy bunny this morning, stark contract from yesterday!

So pleased. I'm sure Doughnut's poops didn't look regular for a while but that had to do with the medication. I felt it was like a miracle how she turned around, so pleased your little bun has too.

Back