• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible Dental - Update advice please

Dave81

Mama Doe
Jezebel has a damp patch which I noticed about 2 days ago at first I thought it might just be water from her bowl when she drinks.

Today I have had to distract her with a stick whilst I attempt to look, it doesn't feel like puss it's cold and wet and the fur is clumped together in the location.

What could it be?

I'm off to the vets at noon

Last edited:
Jezebel has been admitted so they can sedate her to have a look in her mouth, they are doing to do this one the consultations for today have finished.

They will ring me later before starting any kind of treatment.

If she has a dental is there anything I need to know when she's back home, different foods for a short time while in recovery?

After a dental we tempt Scarlet with her fave herbs to get her eating and have occasionally given her soaked pellets (if you just put them in water for 20 seconds they soften up quite alot). If they don't give it ask for some critical care in case you need to syringe feed her. I would also make sure they give you metacam to take home. They will likely give her a shot but she may need more orally after 24 hours.

How embarrassing, she must have got some food stuck in her fur which then matted it,then it sounds like Fluffy decided to help clean her sister but in doing so made the area red and sore.

So no dental problems just an embarrassed bunny dad who is £42 lighter :lol:

Good news, for Jezebel and your pocket! You'd have been over £100 quid lighter if a dental was needed.

Jezebel is just as damp in the same area of her face today, what could it be from? Teeth have been ruled out, I don't think it's from over cleaning as its quite damp, also it's only down her right side of her face just under the mouth.

Stuck on what the issue is but it doesn't look right

Back