• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio.....2 Males 1 Female?

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
Would it work?
Fell in love with a black dutch male and am very tempted...Roxy (f) is the boss in the duo at the moment, would another male upset things?

Are all neutered? Have you got a back up plan? If boy bun doesn't like other boy bun can you keep 2 separate pairs, or return boy bun? If so, go for it :D

Have you read the trios sticky in the behaviour and bonding forum? If not, that would be a good place to start.

Depends on the female generally. Although I have had a trio of two boys (Best buddies) and a girl, that started off as a brother and sister pair.

Good luck :thumb:

Thanks all....the new boy isnt neutered but would be :) Dont have anywhere to keep 2 pairs so would have to find a new home for the new boy if bond didnt work

I have bonded a male into a brother sister pair and the female wasn't neutered at the time. I seem to have more trouble bonding girls into groups than I ever do males!!
Good luck:wave:

I have a group of buns - 2 are unrelated boys - 1 is a wildie & you know what they are like:roll::lol:
They are always snuggled up

Do you have space to keep 2/3 singles if the new bun breaks up your current pair and they become unbondable?

Could a new bun break Roxy & Rorys bond then?? How likely is it??

Yes there is possibilities that this can happen and you end up with 3 singles, adding anyone to new to any relationship will change the dynamics that the two existing buns have ... exactly the same as it does with humans ;)

Back