• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If You KNOW That You Cannot Take on Any More Rabbits............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.....do you still look on Rabbit Rehome ?

I do, stupid I know but there are so many lovely Bunnies and I just wish I could offer some of them a home

I try not to look on the Freeads too often though as mostly that just makes me feel :cry:

Oh to be healthy and wealthy and able to live in my dream smallholding in North Devon. Then I could offer more Rabbits a Forever Home

*sigh*

No point to this post really :oops:

No. I used to but I dont anymore. I look at my local rspca who have some longtermers in :( and was so so tempted by an older lady guinea pig I listed for Elaine last night

No.
I get enough people asking me if I want cats/kittens/puppies/ferrets/rabbits and always have to refuse.

Even now we are expecting a baby people still ask me! We're full!

I do look at pictures of rescues on here sometimes though.

Yes.

I also look on preloved at dogs and puppies even though there's not a chance that we'd have another one!

A friend has had a relationship breakup asked if I could take on his two neutered males. I seriously considered it for a few days even though I know there's no more room at the inn.

I try not too, as I get too upset.
The way I try not think about it all is that I have given a home two gorgeous rescue bunnies (who are racing round my lounge and kitchen as i type!). I would love more bunnies, but would need a lot larger house and not work full time...maybe one day.

Trying not to look. Must not look.....

We are full and finally sorting out bigger / better outdoor accommodation for the buns before winter. But the vet rang about 2 kittens needing homes, so have to go and look and offer moral support...

I never take a carrier in with me to make it easier to walk away. Any animal we rehome is worth going back for so we know we have made the right decision.

No, I can't, if I did I would want more. I am at capacity. I see enough needy buns at work everyday. I now park out the back so I don't have to go through the front entrance and walk bast the bunnies and the support adoption area. Always makes me :(. I seem to be being offered more buns to foster that people can't be bothered with every week at the moment. :cry:

I don't really look at all.

I look at my bunnies who had to go to Helen's quite a lot but that's it.

If I was ever in a position to get more bunnies, I'd be going straight back to see if we could adopt them back again. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen any time soon. Looking at other buns would make me feel too guilty about the ones we had to let go :cry:

I looked on RSPCA Brighton website (where I adopted Rupert and Tia from) and they have a grey rex and a female dutchy :love:

I try not to look tho if I can help it, but FurryFriends had a pair of dutch girls and I totally fell in love and I even looked for a new job that was better paid so I could have them (because I can afford to give Rupert and Tia the best at the moment, but if I had anymore, something would have to give - whether that was full worming, or not insuring them, or simply cheaper hay, not as many treats etc, I would not be able to give them what they'e become used to and I feel it wouldn't be fair on them).

Breaks my heart.... What breaks my heart more is bunnies I see that friends are buying etc, but don't look after them properly, they're the bunnies that I want to take - because at least in rescue, the bunnies are cared for properly.

I do yeah - except at the min. I'm still at that place you are when you lose one. Struggle to be with the ones I have for a few days & the thought of having more is just not possible

No.Its not fair on myself.Id love more but just coughed up lots for Ruby at the vets.
I almost took on a baby a few weeks ago then had a good think.He would need a wife..big hutch,both vacc and neuter.
The fact that rescue buns are already seen to in all that, doesnt mean I can go ahead.What if hes a dental bun?? What if both are ill??
No.Cant do it.Not sensible.

I do, but only because i know if i find another English Lop i have space and can afford it. However, it would only be an EL i would rescue. Thats really fickle of me i know, but i have no desire to add to my group, apart from this gorgeous rare breed.

I do, for similar reasons to shazzabunny. If there were a giant rabbit close to home then I would make it happen.

Oh, shazzabunny.....should I show you this?

I always look at another rescue's webpage, even though I can't get any more animals.

But soon everything will change ! :D

Back