• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

13 myxo vaccines.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
13 out of our 14 rabbits got their myxo vaccine ( Noodle got the combo vaccine when she arrived). The next time they get done it will be with the combo vaccine, which in honesty will be easier for us. One vaccine a year which I can give myself rather than wait for our vet friend to come to do the myxo vaccine on her day off, to make sure they get the intradermal part properly.

Yes, there were a couple, thankfully Sparrow was good, although the vet did the intradermal bit in her scruff rather than the ear- I don't think she would have tolerated that. Still she came up for a nose rub at bedtime, so I was forgiven.:D

we did all ours this week (in two batches) worked out that just having the one vaccine instead of 3 a year will save us about £2,000 a year!!!!!!

we did all ours this week (in two batches) worked out that just having the one vaccine instead of 3 a year will save us about £2,000 a year!!!!!!

I did similar maths when Barnaby was here ' as a temporary resident' and worked out that the saving would pay for 2 P@H insurance policies and 2 vaccinations a year ... so Barnaby stayed and Eloise joined us :oops::oops:

I'm in a position now of having no vaccinations to think about for 7 months which is a very strange feeling after having 24 vaccinations to plan and plot last year. It also already feels very strange the idea of having to have them vaccinated twice in a fortnight, how quickly your brain adapts.

Back