• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Sparrow, our wildie!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Sparrow had her myxo vaccine today, she is a year old but very small. The vet said that she is now big enough to be spayed so over the next few months she will be done. Anyway, I only have female rabbits here and I think I will have more success with a bonding if I try with a neutered male. They at the moment will have a 6 by 9 indoor run full time and any vet treatment needed, ultimately I hope to have a shed with an outdoor aviary, but that may take a couple of years to achieve. They will get any and all vet treatment required and we do not care if the have health issues or behavioural issues. If they do not bond with Sparrow, we have a couple of more females to try them with but Sparrow is our main aim at he moment. Regardless, if they come here they will have a home for life.

hope you find a lovely bun for Sparrow!

our wildies live in a foursome - 3 wildies and a domestic - two of the wildies are really a pair and the other one is paired with Pansy but they like being in a group as well.

I have found they love being able to climb up things so lots of shelves and ramps etc etc

Our first bun was a wildie called Benji, he was castrated and lived with 2 entire dwarf lop females, it worked well. The girls got on well and Benji ruled the roost. They lived in a 6 x 14 run, with 2.5 tier 4ft hutch, Benji was often found on top of the hutch having 'run' up the corner of the run and would happily sit there, nearly 5ft off the ground!

Back