• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with a dilemma please!

karen&poppy

Warren Scout
Hi

I have upgraded my bunny's set up to a beautiful hutch/run combo. Their previous set up was a double hutch with a run attached.

They ran up and down the stairs of the double hutch but for some reason they won't go on the ramp so I'm having to lift them up and down to make sure they get exercise!

It's not a steep ramp, the only difference is it leads down into the middle of the run whereas the other ramp was at the back of the hutch meaning it had 1 side which I guess made them feel more secure.

I've tried trying to guide them, putting treats ie favourite veg on the ramp but they just won't do it!

Any suggestions? I hate having to lift them between the floors as ideally I wanted to leave them to settle without causing them stress but they're also used to having free access to a run so I don't want them to be cooped up in the hutch all day (or risk them getting drenched in the run (there is some shelter under the hutch).

Help!!

Any tips welcome x

Do you have a spare pipe or tunnel that you can attach to the ramp? I guess they need to feel more secure. Perhaps some carpet glued to the ramp will help if you don't have a pipe/tunnel. As a temporary measure, can you staple some cardboard sides to it?

An idea I had for ramps was to attach a couple of those playstick tunnels u can get. Saw the large ones in Pets at Home yesterday reduced to £5, not sure if it'll be in all stores tho. On top so it's like going under a bridge :D I might add a ramp into mine just so I can do this cos I rek it'll look cute :lol:

Last edited:
Put their normal food quota on the opposite side of the ramp from where they are (and make it obvious - shake the bag etc... ) I am sure they will be down soon enough if you do this!

Back