• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can I do for him

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Convince my oh to let us take on another bunny

I am now volunteering at brinsley and they have a little bun there with a leg injury, I think the experience I have had with this could really benefit the bun, I have fallen in love with him. I would be able to convince him to foster him until he found a home but I am not sure he will let me fully adopting him :(

I am trying to talk him around >_<

Last edited:
just spoke to a friend about it and she suggested I do something "special" for him :lol:

I dont want this thread to turn rude lol so I wont specify what lol

this rabbit from what I understand broke its leg, its owner did nothing, it reset in the position and now cannot use its leg properly

What can be done about that if anything?

just spoke to a friend about it and she suggested I do something "special" for him :lol:

I dont want this thread to turn rude lol so I wont specify what lol

My first thought was that this thread could very quickly turn adult! :lol:

Would he fall in love if you fostered? I think DH would quickly lose his resolve if we did that.

the way he fights through his disability is so cute and heart melting... :love:

I think as you say the first step is to convince him to foster next operation let bun melt his heart

If it gets in the way, like gets dragged then maybe it could be amputated? I've heard if it's the front leg the rabbit gets used to it easier, but not as easy for the backleg. Years and years ago, I heard vets pts rabbits if they broke a leg, especially the back legs as they said they can't adapt, but I'm sure they can. Maybe talk to a vet about it?

Poor thing, some people are just horrible.

Im currently searching for a vets to go to for more complicated rabbit issues as my current vets are good with usual rabbit issues but not more complicated ones.

I am happy to go to my current vets for weight checks, vacs, to get meds for yuki when she needs it etc... they got advice from my manchester vets on yukis care so thats ok but with bone issues, they would be clueless

Beth said the other vets she took the little guy to said they wouldnt operate on him... so Id like to get a second opinion from a rabbit bone savvy vets. Anyone know of any? I would be willing to travel

(this is of course if my oh lets us take him :( )

Why won't he let you have him? Is it not your choice if you will be the one caring for him etc?

our vets have amputated legs before and the rabbits cope amazingly well
Only thing I will add is when you foster/rescue/help a rescue there are always animals that come along that you fall in love wit. After this little guy there will be others..many others. You have to learn to be able to let them go or you could end up with dozens

Why won't he let you have him? Is it not your choice if you will be the one caring for him etc?

At the end of the day we are together, we will be married in the next two years and he has every right to have a say in this as its our money that is invested in this as we share finances equally.

I am hoping I can convince him as the costs do not change that much and the vets I have asked have said they do disounts in vacs etc... for trios

I will try seeing if we can foster him, see if my oh warms up to him and if not, try to find him a loving home, but I would love to have him

our vets have amputated legs before and the rabbits cope amazingly well
Only thing I will add is when you foster/rescue/help a rescue there are always animals that come along that you fall in love wit. After this little guy there will be others..many others. You have to learn to be able to let them go or you could end up with dozens

thank you for that, yeah I know there will always be one but theres something about this bun, I have let go of other buns in the past and with a heavy heart walked away but but with him theres something there

Back