• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Utterly Heartbroken!

Aliswan

Warren Scout
I hate that I looked but I just went on a facebook page of a breeder advertising baby rabbits for sale. I really wish I hadn't looked. All of the hutches are 5foot or smaller, stacked one above the other. She also uploaded a video entitled 'devastated' I clicked (why, why, why did I look?) it showed her garden during floods at the end of June. Her garden completely flooded to around2 feet high, she has 24 hutches at the bottom of her garden 6 stacks of 4. The bottom hutch in each stack was completely submerged...6 rabbits died that day as she did not evacuate those poor buns. I cried when I watched the video, I can't believe someone could be so heartless and leave them to drown!

While its sad the breeder did try to rescue them. The rain came within 30 minutes to that level and the breeder was in hospital with her daughter at the time, nobody realised how bad the weather would be. Its rally sad and upset me watching it though.

I don't agree with this breeders practices in general having spoken to them thou so I'm not defending them because I am friends with them or something :)

Back