• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

(S)he's growing up so fast!!!

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Started out like this (the pic I posted a few days ago):
409595_4421301500635_347016483_n1.jpg

(some people thought they looked like pigs!)

Now here is is as of yesterday:
486480_4443097005509_874685648_n.png

And this is the one the breeder is trying to get me to buy as well. (S)he's older:
558360_4443141086611_1769655536_n.jpg

I don't want to worry you but I'd be concerned about the knowledge the breeder has. There is no sign of any hay and the older one is bedded on a wire bottomed cage which is bad for their feet.

I've talked to her a lot. These are just for the pictures. All her rabbits on on the ground inside. She takes very good care of them. I've seen other pictures of her rabbits as well and they all look amazing. She doesn't keep her rabbits on wire most of the time. I think their travel cages have wire, but that's it.

In america it is common for rabbits to be kept on wire lets not forget (doesnt make it right but there are differences) :wave:

So found out last night that I might not get the one I was wanting. I get second pick of this litter. Please send all good vibes that I get the tri I wanted, thanks!

There is nothing wrong with picking up the babies! As long as your careful and the mother doesn't get stressed then it's fine. They should be handled to get used to people. So just stop with this topic!

Wow they have grown! how old are they now?
It's interesting to see how their colourings have developed :thumb:

I hope you get the one you want! (s/he is very pretty).

Those two posts with the images that didn't show up are just spammers :)

Very cute :love: they're making me bunny broody!

Seriously people? I'm just excited I got new pictures of my bunny, can't you just let me be excited?!

I just don't want you to get all excited and then find you have dental problems due to them not having hay or sore feet from the wire. I'm glad you’re excited :)

Unfortunately, it seems fairly common for the US to have buns on wired flooring, as they use the trays underneat to keep them clean :(

Unfortunately, it seems fairly common for the US to have buns on wired flooring, as they use the trays underneat to keep them clean :(

No, only people that don't know any better. I could say that it's fairly common in the UK for people to have buns in 3ft hutches at the bottom of the garden...but that obviously wouldn't be a fair representation of all the educated UK bunny owners. I don't like that all of us US bunny owners seem to be represented by the idiots that don't keep rabbits properly. How is that fair?

Wow, there is a massive difference between them now- how long ago were the pictures taken apart?

I'm not surprised you're excited, looks like they are all going to grow up into beautiful rabbits :) Do you have any ideas about names yet?

The people who are worried about any problems with the conditions they are being kept in, can you say for definite that you're rabbits weren't kept in similar (or worse) conditions before they came to you? As long as the OP keeps them in a good condition when she arrives that is the important thing. If she is happy with how they are being kept with the breeder, even better!

No, only people that don't know any better. I could say that it's fairly common in the UK for people to have buns in 3ft hutches at the bottom of the garden...but that obviously wouldn't be a fair representation of all the educated UK bunny owners. I don't like that all of us US bunny owners seem to be represented by the idiots that don't keep rabbits properly. How is that fair?

I only said it 'appears' to be fairly common.

Most websites with rabbit information coming from inside the states unfortunately does show them in wire based cages. A simple google search shoes that.

You say its not fair, and your right, its not, but the websites which portray the 'image' so to speak are the ones giving that representation, not me.

Hope you dont think i'm having a go in general, 'cos im not, i was just responding to the comment that said about them.

Last edited:
I only said it 'appears' to be fairly common.

Most websites with rabbit information coming from inside the states unfortunately does show them in wire based cages. A simple google search shoes that.

You say its not fair, and your right, its not, but the websites which portray the 'image' so to speak are the ones giving that representation, not me.

Hope you dont think i'm having a go in general.

That's because it's bad information, many websites have bad info on rabbit care and the UK is no different with that (not with wire but with wrong info on housing or diet etc). But people on US rabbit forums don't have their rabbits on wire because they know better. The House Rabbit Society don't advocate wire, no reliable website does.

And anyways, all indoor cages and pretty much all hutches are too small so anyone who knows better wouldn't keep their rabbits in them or they would convert hutches to make them bigger and either replace the flooring or cover it with newspaper, lino, etc.

If you're building your own rabbit hutch it actually probably makes sense money and time wise to just put wire on the bottom and cover it with newspaper/lino/wood/etc. When I had outdoor rabbits I covered the wire with newspaper and the rabbits liked to move the newspaper and lay on the wire, by choice, when they were hot because it gave them air circulation. So rabbits probably even prefer a wire bottom in hot climates but obviously only if the wire is covered and they're given the choice to move the cover and lay on the wire.

I'm just frustrated that so many people think this, not frustrated at any particular person.

Lets not turn the thread into a USA/UK argument I get enough of that playing xbox online!...anyway I am pleased for you and excited and can't wait to see pictures of your bunny when you get him/her home!

Sadly though it is! Although, people are getting better now :thumb:

How come you might not get the one you want? that sucks! :(

How come you might not get the one you want? that sucks! :(

Because the breeder is giving first choice out of this litter to the woman she bought the mother from. There are one or two other litters I can choose from. But she might end up wanting one of the broken reds instead of a tri, never know. I'll keep very one informed.

Back