• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gave some advice in p@h!!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
There was a woman was looking at 2 bunnies, they are vacc'd and neutered and were beautiful harlequins! I said to her the other 2 smelt like unneutered boys (and they were!) they were looking at the harlequins though :) (I don't know why p@h won't neuter the boys anyway as she said they would need to be done soon as they were spraying.. Surely it would be better for them to do now before a fight breaks out :?)

The dad said they have a 5ft double hutch ready and access to a 12 x 8 run down the side of his shed.

I explained about vets and things and the mom was asking about the costs and everything. I told them not to bother with sawdust, just use hay and the dad said it was stupid they use it because it smells. (sawdust, not hay!) (they were right chavs too, :lol: but seemed lovely and wanted to do everything right :)) I mentioned about just getting their little girl to sit with them (she's about 5, their older one was 9) rather than pick them up but let them settle first and the dad agreed, also about looking after them and I mentioned litter training which they thought was brilliant :lol: the mom said their neighbours little girl chucks their rabbit around but she didn't want to ring the RSPCA because they would know it was them :(

They will be up for adoption on Sunday so they're going back then, I hope they have them as they seemed like they would give them a really good life :D

Last edited:
It's always a good sign when people appear to have thought it through and parents accept that they'll be doing most of the animal care.

Back