• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of my Bunnies and a question!

Embo

Young Bun
Hi All,
Like any proud parent I would like to show my babies off and share with you all. This is my darling boy Theo who I have had for about 18 months (he's 2)

023.jpg

028.jpg

125.jpg

015.jpg

And this is Tiffany, who is 6 months. She came home from the garden centre with Theo after he went on holiday there for a few days. Now I was told she was the same breed as Theo- Mini Lop. However, she keeps growing and growing. She is nearly 5Kg, Theo is 2.5Kg. I have never seen a tail so large on a bunny before (I have included a rear view so you can see!) her feet are enormous, not to mention her ears that drag along the floor, and her large bum (but she's very sensitive about that, so we don't mention it:lol:) Not knowing much about rabbits, she might just be a normal bun and nothing out of the ordinary, but to us she is "Bunzilla". If anyone can reassure me she is a mini lop and her feet, tail, ears, weight are normal I would very much appreciate it. If anyone thinks she is not a mini lop do you have any ideas what she might be? Love them both, it doesn't matter, but she is so different from little old Theo. Looking forward to your responses, thanks :D

016.jpg

286.jpg

018.jpg

They are both beautiful:love: Maybe a french lop? Have a search on the internet and see what you think, shes not a mini lop if shes nearly 5kg though!:lol:

:wave: They are gorgeous!!! But yeh, definitely not a mini lop - she may be a cross, or a french (I don't think she's an english lop cos her ears don't seem big enough).

They are stunners! I wonder if your Bunzilla :)lol:) is a French Lop/Conti cross - which could explain her size and big tail!

They are both gorgeous!! :love:She looks like a French lop to me :wave: my big bunnies have tails like hers :lol:

Thankyou everyone, I really appreciate your replies!
I can rest easy knowing she doesn't have some growth disorder or anything :lol:
She certainly has a big personality to go with her big size! She is the boss in their relationship.
She is getting spayed next week bless her. Just hope it doesn't change her character too much.

I personally have little doubt she is a frenchie BECAUSE, here is my blue French lop girl!

CD814A18-F196-439C-A8C6-62473754FBE4-4260-0000029D857434A0.jpg

And here's a butt photo I took earlier

70606D08-350C-4C6F-BB5B-8FC9B55D7C30-4260-0000029DC182B6F4.jpg

Mystery solved??

Not all mini lops carry the mini gene but I don't think yours are minis. My bigger mini lop is 1.8kg.

The face shapes look a little different to mini lops too. It's not uncommon for garden centres to get breeds wrong

I have to say they are both gorgeous :love:

I personally have little doubt she is a frenchie BECAUSE, here is my blue French lop girl!

CD814A18-F196-439C-A8C6-62473754FBE4-4260-0000029D857434A0.jpg

And here's a butt photo I took earlier

70606D08-350C-4C6F-BB5B-8FC9B55D7C30-4260-0000029DC182B6F4.jpg

Mystery solved??

OH MY GOSH!!!! Its Tiffany's twin sister hahahah :lol::lol:
She is really cute too! Thanks for sharing the pictures x
Looks like I have a big girl on my hands then

OH MY GOSH!!!! Its Tiffany's twin sister hahahah :lol::lol:
She is really cute too! Thanks for sharing the pictures x
Looks like I have a big girl on my hands then

Haha, glad I could help and yep! Big bunnehs are awesome!

I actually think Theo is a dwarf lop, not a mini lop, his face is too pointy to be a mini and he's too big.

Your bunnies are gorgeous xx:love::love::love:

Back