• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phoebe is home! so sore in her mouth bless her

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
The vets and nurses said shed been eating and pooping despite the agonising soft tissue damage. But shes been very reserved here. I put some of the BARC forage a good friend sent to me and shebwas tempted. Gave her the metacam a little later than planned..i hate seeing her flinch whilst she tries to pootle about in the pen with merlin.
Shes been laying out with paws out....and deep sleep bunny loaf.....and merlin is literally wrapped around her and protecting his beloved phoebe and shes hiding under him...poor thing.
She has to have. 5kg dose of dog metacam twice a day for at least seven days......poor sweetheart. The vet said she was nibbling by herself and thought syringe feeding too painful for her because of all the lesions and ulcers.......but i know tomorrow will tell if i have to or not.

The cats are overjoyed theyre bith back....lots of kitty to bunny kisses and snuggles and the bunnies responded as they always do.....it made phoebe settle in right away.....amazing what being homevwith your family can do!

so fingers crossed she copes ok.....i dread metacaming her let aloe syringe feeding. nikki had tondo it..phoebe sensed the stress in me and panicked.

be warned just cos youve had a bunny over a year with no dental probs....and they show no signs except over 48 hrs and you finally get into the vets to be told they are minscule spurs not dental needing size....but they must have been sooo sharp as she has lesions on her tongue...u,cers on her to gue inside her cheeks and the arch the back of the jaw ! others you can tell in a heartbeat even when vets say no its not a problem..they do it and buns eat again.

many vibes she feels better soon, some bunnies are much more sensitive to dental issues, and they can happen at any age

Back