• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wood Pellet Litter

dotdotdot

Young Bun
Most expensive thing per month (besides vet bills :lol:) is litter. I use wood pellet cat litter and probably get through about 4-5 30ltr bags per month..currently around £9 a bag. Does anyone have any ideas for cheaper places or alternatives (can't use anything wood pulpy such as Megazorb as horribly allergic)?

i ran out and on the tesco order bought a bag of theirs only a small bag for £4! but id run out and was desperate till my niece took me out the following day.

I have tried every type of litter on the market apart from the corn cob ones!?

The trouble is they all work out pretty pricey. what size bag is it you buy?

I have used wood pellets,megazorb..which is dusty as heck and affects my asthma and used to affect berties snuffles.

These days i opt for paper based ones...a cat litter with the name BREEDERS SELECT.......is made by the same company i swear as it is identical to the small animal one....BACK2NATURE....!
I buy the 30litre one which is 10.5kg......and if you shop around online you can get offers on with a few pounds off depending but its basic price is £12.99 most places. Bio catolets quite good but too light for dig the litter tray over bunnies! ie my mums bunny i have now lol.

A really good one looks like wood pellets but is actually straw pellets....i found it amazing but with six buns two of which are frenchies....it didnt go far enough.....but now i think if i can find the right price id definately use it again its brill......SmartBedz....its absorbs up to 400% ! I got it from the hay experts but i also got it somewhere else...cant remember where.

Another really really good one was Bed O linum........used to sell it on hay experts but zoo plus is theonly place i can get it now. Its natural linen looks like very fine stuff like the old russell rabbit soft bedding stuff used to be.

Anything im allergic to i cannot use with the buns or my cats! And vice versa.
Ive found bio catolet better in my cats trays than the breeders select....the wee smell is overpowering by the end of one day but bio catolet doesnt ...i can make it three days with scopping out poop.
But if you have a bunny who loves to dig their tray out..this stuff flys a long way rofl.

What's the best to keep the odour down and is good if you have asthma? I only get asthma with hay fever so I always get timothy hay and the dust free one as I find it helps. Recently I've noticed that Doughnut's urine seems to smell, whereas before it didn't really!! I use the catolet(!) recycled paper and change it twice a day. She's been spayed and I'm sure she hasn't got a urine infection as she's only weeing in her tray and no blood. Don't know why it is suddenly smelling more. Thought it may be the heat but she's in my lounge which is cool

Hi Folks
The £4 a bag stuff from Tesco is a 10 litre bag, the OP said 30 litres for £9 so that's actually alot cheaper than Tesco

Hi Folks
The £4 a bag stuff from Tesco is a 10 litre bag, the OP said 30 litres for £9 so that's actually alot cheaper than Tesco

Pets at home value wood cat litter is £9 for a 30l bag for anyone wondering.

I didn't think much of it for cats but never tried it for bunnies.

I used to use bio catolet but that's far too expensive now.

Newspaper and hay changed regularly works for me.

Back