• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smaller bunny with my French lops?

Kavanne

Mama Doe
There is a delightful bun at the rescue which I think everyone has fallen in love with but shes a tiny little thing and she got me thinking...

I've been thinking of adding to my m/f French lop pair for a while. You don't often get big buns in rescue so could I try bonding them with a smaller bun? Or might they sit on them and squash them? :shock:

Many members on here have giant + small breeds as companions.

Go for it !

The smaller ones can be the dominant ones as well as the big ones, you don't need to worry.

Many members on here have giant + small breeds as companions.

Go for it !

The smaller ones can be the dominant ones as well as the big ones, you don't need to worry.
:thumb: The personalities are far more important than the size.

There's quite a size difference between my two, although Bella is obviously not the size of a Frenchie, but she still weighs about twice as much as my wee man Boris. He's the dominant bunny so it's worked really well :) In fact I don't think he even knows how small he is :lol: It sometimes looks a little rough when Bella wants grooming and accidentally nudges him a bit too hard, causing him to almost fall over, but it doesn't harm him in anyway. He seems to get somewhat offended by it though!

Aww. Do you think adding a girl or boy to a pair would be more likely to succeed?

Obviously other thing I am concerned about is ru and saph's bond breaking and ending up with 2 singles but I am quietly confident this won't happen as they were so easy to bond the first time

Its personality rather than size and again personality rather than sex. I have a mixture in my group 3 boys and 4 girls

Back