• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmare situation U/D pics added U/D with vet report

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Had a call from a guy who had said he had some rabbits he needed to get rid of, I asked how many and he said four, 2 adults 2 babies (a couple of days old) Mom and Dad still living together :shock:, I should have said no but sounded urgent, so I said I would pick them up on my way home from work FFS, he's called me back to say he's since found two more babies :shock:. Not sure where I'm going to put all these bunnies would weaned as I've not got the room :shock:, the person sounded that stupid that I did worry something not very nice might happen to the babies. That said they're not going to to take being moved well :(

I hope she is not pregnant again and no more babies are found :shock:. I've booked the buck into be neutered in the morning, at least when babies are weaned he could go back with Mom.

I wish I hadn't answered the phone, :(

Last edited:
Had a call from a guy who had said he had some rabbits he needed to get rid of, I asked how many and he said four, 2 adults 2 babies (a couple of days old) Mom and Dad still living together :shock:, I should have said no but sounded urgent, so I said I would pick them up on my way home from work FFS, he's called me back to say he's since found two more babies :shock:. Not sure where I'm going to put all these bunnies would weaned as I've not got the room :shock:, the person sounded that stupid that I did worry something not very nice might happen to the babies. That said they're not going to to take being moved well :(

I hope she is not pregnant again and no more babies are found :shock:. I've booked the buck into be neutered in the morning, at least when babies are weaned he could go back with Mom.

I wish I hadn't answered the phone
, :(

But when you've met the bunnies you'll be so glad you did because they needed saving and if you hadn't saved them they might have suffered horribly.

Maybe some people on here could help? I'm nowhere near you and have no extra bunny space so I can't help out myself, but perhaps you could find fosterers?

But when you've met the bunnies you'll be so glad you did because they needed saving and if you hadn't saved them they might have suffered horribly.

Do you know what, I thought that. He said he bought them for his five year old and she was bored anyway, I was quite arsey and said do you think they were an appropriate gift for a five year old :evil:, I wondered if he might do something nasty to them :cry:. I hope she is just not pregnant again, that would be an even more nightmare.

Maybe some people on here could help? I'm nowhere near you and have no extra bunny space so I can't help out myself, but perhaps you could find fosterers?

Thanks Rach, yeah I will look into that, I've sent a text to Becky so might be able to help me as we help each other when situations like this arise, I can keep mom and babies together for the time being, so at least I have a little time before I really need to start worrying.

oh no!:( I do hope they are all ok...bless you xxxsending huge vibes for things to work out ok xxx

Awww thank you :love: omg it was worse than I thought.

I left work armed with two of our storage boxed to pick up buns as I didn't have time to get home first to get carriers, got to the place and omg, it was one of those lift up roof 3.5 feet hutches on a double level. I could see male who he'd separated after I'd told him to earlier at the bottom and at the top.was too adults.

The male was going mental, there wasn't any bedding in at all and there was some black veg and about an inch of poo ang hundreds of flys. I lifted up the lid andthe babies were all over top hutch, no nest or anything as there was no bedding at all and they were stuck in the poo.

I asked who the other adult was as I'd not known about this one, he said that it was another female, I asked if they had all lived together and he said yes, I was like Ffs she will be pregnant too. I asked if I could the other bun and he said somebody was coming for that one, but thankfully managed to talk him into it.

I asked if he was sure that the one was the mom and he didn't seem so sure arrrggghhh. Anyway I grabbed all seven rabbits and thought I'd worry about where I would put them after I got away from there :lol:

As I was leaving thankfully the lovely Becky86 had got my message and said her and Vicky had room for mom and babies (absolute life saver they are)

I rang up my vets, booked male and one female in for neuter today. Got back to my house to settle the two I was having here in their hutches and checked other female, now I'm rubbish at sexing, but I think she might be a young male, but not 100% sure, there are no balls but I'm thinking it might be a penis. He/she is in vets today anyway so I'll find out for sure. I've asked vet to make sure she is not milking just in case the females are mixed up (but I don't think so as the other is a bit bloody, like she has given birth and her nipples are quite visible) and I've said to neutered her, but only if she isn't pregnant or babies aren't fully formed (but again I'm not sure if she was a boy anyway). Daddy bun is going in for his nuts off today, bless him.

I dropped mom and babies at Vics, Vic thinks they weren't even a day old and after everything they had Bern through that day, they made it there ok and she tested last night to say they were all good and wriggling loads :cool:,

I love rspca Walsal and can't thank them enough for their help, normally when people ring I put them on a waiting list until I have room, but as soon as I spoke to this guy I knew it sounded very wrong and my gut instinct was right as it was worse (even Andy was a bit panicked by the situation, when he saw it and he's not a rabbit person, but even he thought we needed to get them all out quick). Actually, when I put the four babies in box with mom, Andy was still looking in the hutch and he said (bear in mind there was no hay, straw, sawdust..literally no bedding at all) I can't tell if there is anymore babies, because it was that thick with poo, babies were stuck in it.

I'm awake early I had a nightmare about soya milk and woke myself up :lol: I have some pics on my phone will put them up when I get to work.

Oh my gosh their situation sounds so awful :( I can't believe people can do this and just not care...

Thank you so much for rescuing them and I hope all babies pull through despite their ordeals

Oh my gosh their situation sounds so awful :( I can't believe people can do this and just not care...
It's ignorance. I mean, the guy did "care" enough to phone someone to take the rabbits rather than just leave them to rot. People like this just get a thing as a living toy - they don't think of the animal as something to be understood - needs and health-wise. Thank gods they were rescued - so sorry, SOAD, but I'm very glad you answered the phone.

Very well done to you and Andy and the wonderful RSPCA Walsall. Lucky bunnies, I think, in this case!

Those bunnies with thank you for answering that phone call, and for everything you've done for the poor little things. Well done to all involved and I hope all bunnies are happy and healthy.

Thank goodness you answered the phone. Those bunnies are lucky that people as kind as yourself exist.

Poor bunnies :cry: Well done to you and RSPCA Walsall for getting them all out of there. Hope the neuters go well. Looking forward to pics! :wave:

Thank you, I just re-read my post glad you can make it out as I think a mixture of my phone having a mind of it's own and changing words, typos and my random bad spelling and sentences :oops::lol:

Not great pics as I took them when they were in the works storage boxes, but random he/she bunny

littlebun.jpg

Trouble causing Daddy bun, who we have called Smudge

Daddybun.jpg

Mom and Babies, you can just seen her tiny babies

Momandbabybuns.jpg

Daddy bun and he/she bun is in vets at the moment (I am sure he's a he, even though they said girl, but will find out from the vets later)

I'm so rubbish at sexing it could be anything :oops:, I always leave it to the vet as bunny bits are not my forte :oops::lol:

I spoke to Vic, all babies have made it through the night :D Mommy bun is ok, but a little stressed out still, but hopefully she can calm down now she is safe :love:

Last edited:
Back