• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please Kiaras pulling fur out and has attacked Snowy.

Mel D

Warren Scout
Hi, Kiara has started ripping tons of fur from her body and has attacked Snowy leaving him with large cuts on his ears that is bleeding, have removed him and put her in her cage, she is 5mths old and has never done this before. What should I do shes a Lionlop and has pulled out her lovely long skirt by her tail and is constanly putting her fur in her toilet. Any ideas, Thanks.

Is she spayed?:wave:

No she has not been spayed because my vet will not spay till 6mths, which I agree with because I have already lost 2 females through spaying so was not going to get her done unless she started biting anyone in the family. Fear of losing another rabbit..

No she has not been spayed because my vet will not spay till 6mths, which I agree with because I have already lost 2 females through spaying so was not going to get her done unless she started biting anyone in the family. Fear of losing another rabbit..

Ah I understand. She may well be hormonal and 'nesting' the plucking fur is normal for a nesting female. If you won't get her spayed until six months, which I understand, don't get me wrong, then I imagine it's just a case of waiting until the 'pregnancy' has passed. I may be wrong though :wave:

Back