• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another q about spaying

lucy24

Mama Doe
i have three sisters that are now 6 months- no issues so far except a bit of humping but this is my dilema:

they can be quite nervous little things and i am really worried about getting them done! im only just gaining their trust and i dont want that interrupted. will the fact they are nervy make it riskier? i need to save a bit more first anyway but my parents are worried too. i had 2 sisters before who lived til 9 yrs and werent done. i had a bad time getting honey spayed in jan as she was quite ill so im terrified of losing them!:oops:

You can get blood tests done before to see if there are any underlying issues as to why they shouldn't have a GA

Send them both in together so they have company & can recover together.

I personally would do it sooner rather than later as you run the risk of hormones kicking in & them fighting, then you would have to separate, then there's the additional bonding stress/going to vets alone etc etc.

You got rest of their lives to get them "friendly" again & it's often easier in spayed rabbits

Maybe you were just unlucky. Doughnut was fine when she was spayed. Made sure I had 5 days of pain reflief she also had fibreplex, which she liked. Within 24 hours she was eating again and so pleased I got it done due to the risk of cancer.

I'm sure the bond will continue to grow with you, especially if you find some healthy treats that they like. Doughnut loves rose petals.

Good luck

Back