• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

just dropped bisc and matt off at the vets *bisc's dental done and we're home*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
bisc hasn't been quite right the last few days and yesterday i was pretty sure he needed a dental so we took them this morning and he does have a sharp row of spurs along the lower left side so they're staying there until this evening so bisc can have the dental.

i haven't left the house since the 23rd may when we last went to the vets so i was really anxious last night and this morning... but... i did it and i also managed a massive thing for me which was leaving my sunglasses at home so i had to do it without, and with awful eczema all around my eyes. so that was a bit of an achievement for me. i can always do things for the pets. never for myself but i have never missed one vet appointment they have needed so that's good.

i hate waiting for the phone call to say how things have gone. i should hear about 12 ish though.

Last edited:
thanks.

everything went well and bisc is awake and doing fine. he had alot of spurs on the left side, more than the vet could see which is usual for bisc, he always hides some away down the side of the cheek teeth. glad he's ok.

will be collecting them later. :D out twice in one day! :shock::lol:

we're home. :D bisc had spurs both lower sides but more on the left side. he's already been eating at the vets and is now eating here aswell. he seems fine, although he was shaking alot but he will calm down i'm sure. he's now having a well deserved rest. :love:

the vet nurse was saying how close they are, and how good. :love:

thank you.

all is well today aswell. bisc is back to normal. so glad they cope so well with these things. he's eating so much faster. i feel guilty it wasn't obvious sooner.

he looks much brighter and back to his cheeky self. he keeps giving me loads of kisses and lying next to me and matt keeps nudging me aswell so i think they missed me :love:

Back