• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long term dental problems - may not do well

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
Came across Scarlet's vet notes from the RSPCA yesterday whilst clearing paperwork and it says that on the first page. She had an abcess, an ulcerated mouth and horrendous teeth and had 3 GAs in the first four weeks of being there.

May not do well my bottom!!!

WP_000127.jpg

I'm so proud of my brave little girl.

Last edited:
At a big RSPCA Hospital not far from me PTS was normal for any Rabbit with just minimal Dental problems. So the fact that the Branch your Bun came from actually gave him a chance is better than most receive. They are euthanised during a GA/routine neuter if they are found to have molar spurs :cry:

Glad that your Bun is doing well :D

At a big RSPCA Hospital not far from me PTS was normal for any Rabbit with just minimal Dental problems. So the fact that the Branch your Bun came from actually gave him a chance is better than most receive. They are euthanised during a GA/routine neuter if they are found to have molar spurs :cry:

Glad that your Bun is doing well :D

Indeed, much as I was extremely cross they told us she had no health problems (and 16 months and £1100 later we have, fingers crossed, started to get on top of her teeth) I can't believe they didn't pts in the 9 months she was there rather than doing repeated dentals and a spay. Contrary to popular opinion, sometimes, the RSPCA do good things.
She is such a trooper :love: it's probably daft to be proud of a rabbit but I am :D

Indeed, much as I was extremely cross they told us she had no health problems (and 16 months and £1100 later we have, fingers crossed, started to get on top of her teeth) I can't believe they didn't pts in the 9 months she was there rather than doing repeated dentals and a spay. Contrary to popular opinion, sometimes, the RSPCA do good things.
She is such a trooper :love: it's probably daft to be proud of a rabbit but I am :D

Not at all, I'm sure I remember a photo posted of Scarlet tucking into pellets not long at all after a dental op - she's amazing! :thumb:

Back