• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're moving house.....

Liquorice

Mama Doe
And I really would appreciate some advice on how to treat and care for my rabbit when we've moved. As I heard that some rabbits get frightened when moving and is their anything I can do to prevent this?

All comments are very appreciated :wave:

Personally, when we moved, i left B&G until last in their room. That way, they aren't in the new house with lots of banging and cluttering going on.

Then moved them the night of the move when we'd finished, into our bedroom in their dog crate for the night, then the following day, into the permanent home, my office.

I have just moved and will be moving again in a week :shock:

All my bunnies were a little stressed, some deal with it differently to others... I would just keep all routine exactly the same and give them a chance to settle slowly... mine took a few days to appear "back to normal"..

Personally, when we moved, i left B&G until last in their room. That way, they aren't in the new house with lots of banging and cluttering going on.

Then moved them the night of the move when we'd finished, into our bedroom in their dog crate for the night, then the following day, into the permanent home, my office.

I'd love to be abe to do that but we are moving 1 hour and 40 minutes away but actually we are renting and it is furnished so there won't be that much banging.

Will this be ok?

I'd love to be abe to do that but we are moving 1 hour and 40 minutes away but actually we are renting and it is furnished so there won't be that much banging.

Will this be ok?

Pack her up into the car in her carry case as the last thing in that case if possible and keep everything as routine as possible. Make sure she's in a quietish area when she arrives :wave:

I have just moved and will be moving again in a week :shock:

All my bunnies were a little stressed, some deal with it differently to others... I would just keep all routine exactly the same and give them a chance to settle slowly... mine took a few days to appear "back to normal"..

Ok when we move I'll keep an eye on her and make sure she's not too stressed :wave:

Pack her up into the car in her carry case as the last thing in that case if possible and keep everything as routine as possible. Make sure she's in a quietish area when she arrives :wave:

Ok she can stay in our spare bedroom where no one will be inside or moving things about :)

Back