• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wooden bunny play house on patio slabs?

andy5898

Warren Scout
I have 3 bunnies who live in a kids wooden play house with an attached run.

We are shortly moving house and the base/flor for the wooden play house is very damp etc. So I thought about creating like a timber frame to screw the walls of the playhouse on to. But instead of the entire floor being wooden I was just going to use patio slabs and then fill in any gaps round the edges so no draughts get into the bunnies house.

Will the bunnies be ok with patio slabs inside there house I am going to put lino down on top of them just I thought it seemed a good way to stop the floor rotting again.

Any views welcome ta.

Mine, albiet are not in a playhouse but they have an aviary style enclosure and they are totally on concrete, there is no straw on the floor. They have a hooded cat tray with straw in but thats it, they just have a single story hutch to use as their littertray and they hop on the roof of that as well. They've never had any problems at all:wave:

My rabbits are in a kennel/run. The run is entirely flagged and slightly raised, therefore having a gap, so in theory 'draughty'.

However, they have a slightly raised good sized platform which is above the gap, to sit on just outside the entrance to the kennel area in which is a cosy hutch.

The gap is really useful for hosing down - we have a gutter alongside into which all the water/dropping etc go into. This leads to a sort of trap/sluice type thingy into which it all drains and we periodically clean.

Will see if I can add a photo, but looks tricky!

Back