• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits peeing in their water bowl

Alicia

Mama Doe
I just went to feed the rabbits and saw the water in their water bowl was orange. At first I thought it was blood but its not red enough to be blood and they ate a lot of carrots yesterday which would explain the colour. It's not that a little bit has gone it, it looks like they have deliberately peed in the bowl, the bowl has always been in the same place, does anyone know why they've done this?

Not a very helpful answer, but they did it because they can!
Scarlet does inexplicably silly things like emptying the clean litter tray all over the hutch and Ori regularly picks up their reed ball and very deliberately places it in the water bowl.

:lol: so i am not the only owner with this problem!!

our second housebun we had used to get annoyed with the cats who were both elderly getting into his cage to drink his water....so he would deliberately pee in it when he was due to be let out...and frequently hed do a pile of poo in it too!
I think every bunny weve ever had has done this at sometime or other..free range....semi caged....even out in the garden!! i think they like to show you that they are genuinely pee'd off!!

Back