• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick answer needed please!!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi all, well after last wks disaster iv put Heidi in the run on the grass, and Summer and Skye r still in the hutch. Is it a good idea to put S and S in the run after her? Will this help or hinder bonding? Only thing is iv pegged run into ground and it's near Heidi's hutch so if they go in they will be able to see/smell/sense eachother but maybe this will help each relax a bit around eachother? I only ask as if Heidi goes in run for a while now, I won't have time to watch Summer and Skye free range as it'll be going dark. Heidi is loving it btw she's been desperate to get out again! She's munching away at the grass :love:

Also is it a good idea to swap over a couple of toys from each hutch? And maybe then a handful of litter? Official bonding will start next wk but just thinking of things I can do to prepare as best I can.

Swapping is a good idea :) as long as they can't reach each other then I don't see a problem but that's what I would do :) so it could be totally wrong :lol:

Thanks :wave: I am thinking it would help but then I was wrong with what I did before! They've had a few days of not seeing eachother. Heidi is still in at the mo and just given her hutch a total clean do might try the run switching tonight then swap a toy tomorrow, them swap litter next day!

Well that was a waste of time Summer and Skye were having none of it!! Think they'd already smelt enough of her as I cleaned their bed out using same dustpan and bin bag so when I tried to catch em (or get em into carrier) to come out they were just getting cross!! So I gave them some dried forage treat stuffed toilet roll tubes instead and let em be!!

Back