• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I just seen a loose Rabbit???

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Was out visiting water pumping station with work, went to one kinda outwith a town, semi rural. Next thing there was a rabbit there, lighter coloured than a wildie and looking right at us. Now I don't think it was a wildie cos it was lighter coloured, a bit fatter and out at 1pm in the afternoon. I tried to see if I could get it but it ran away into thick bushes / shrubs. Now I am thinking about the wee thing constantly.

The place we were at is about 45minutes drive from where I live so not like I can nip back and check. But it is so much on my mind :(

I know it is really hard (I've been there myself) but it probably isn't anything to worry about. I saw a wild rabbit out in the early afternoon a few weeks ago and at first I thought it was an escapee from somewhere but it seemed quite happy munching away on the verge.

It's lighter colour could also be due to summer coats etc. Plus, where I ride, there are some pretty solid looking wild rabbits at the moment (probably due to wet weather and long grass).

If it was a domestic rabbit, the chances are that if it is near people, someone will spot it and try to rescue it.

Och, it is like I have two voices in my head.....

- Go back and check
- Don't be silly it will have been a wildie
- but it never looked like one
- but you wont even catch it anyways
- but i might catch it

ARRRGGHHH

I am in a similar situation, although I have not seen said bunny. My sister said she has several times and so has my friend who lives near. According to my sis, who found Boris on her street, it is an exact Boris double....

Hope you're ok, it is likely it could have been a wildie or some one else may see and take bun in if not. xx

I am in a similar situation, although I have not seen said bunny. My sister said she has several times and so has my friend who lives near. According to my sis, who found Boris on her street, it is an exact Boris double....

Hope you're ok, it is likely it could have been a wildie or some one else may see and take bun in if not. xx

Hope it was a wildie, but just so many reasons for it not to be.....I am toying with the idea of going up after work tomorrow, long drive tho' and really what are the chances of me seeing it then even catching it!

Hope it was a wildie, but just so many reasons for it not to be.....I am toying with the idea of going up after work tomorrow, long drive tho' and really what are the chances of me seeing it then even catching it!

I'm sure you know they're slim but it doesn't stop it from playing on your mind sadly does it. We can only hope bun will be taken in/reunited with owners

Wildies usually go to the same spots to munch at the same times each day (we see two on the way home from work every day in the same spots - so cute, one has a white spot on his head) so maybe go back at the same time?

I know how hard it is, we were driving along the road one afternoon and seen a black rabbit, looked really young, i made my husband turn round and we went to look for it, i even took pellets back, but i couldn't get it :(

maybe go back at the same time that you seen it, and take some pellets, see if you can tempt it towards you?

I can understand how concerned you are.

Keep in mind that wildies can range from a very light sandy "yellow/orange" to black, with all colours of agouti in the middle.

I know that's probably not much consolation now it's on your mind as the "what ifs" are always going to be there!!

Back