• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phoebes ill but since her and merlin are mid bond..

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i will have to take merlin with and knowing hiw fragile his tummynis i really am scared to.....but teyve been living together for well over a week..this is the second week in a pen in nikkis' room on her lino floor.
There was absolutely NO fighting..well they have been bonded before and they was and cuddle through the bars when they were seperate..but fought the second they were togehter. the one in one out idea worked as a very slow bond....they humped each toher senseless...its calming down now.yes they were even at it in this terrible heat. So i cannot take her to the vet without merlin.....what a dilemma.

i think it maybe a dental issue cos shes not eating hay but is eating pellets etc..and last night she was licking her mouth funny and turning her head to one side to do it on one side and grinding her teeth al ost constantly. i kept an eye on her and checked her a few hrs ago and shes doing the grinding thing and has dried poo on her bum..just a bit..i tried easing it off with ttoilet roll but its stuck fast....should i give her a butt bath before or after or at all if the evts is going to be the most stressful thing.

after the state of baxter i dont want them thinking i neglect my buns.....mums bunny has watery eyes on and off and i just keep an eye on her becasue i think its dust..i have carpet in my room with two bunnies takig turns in dragging hay everywhere etc and i have not been able to hoover in the heat just use a dustpan and brush around the cages.

im being daft..of course i cannot butt bath her before she goes.....the double stress will make her il or kill her. merlin is so loved up with her i cannot part them...not now that theyve bonded again.

Do you have any metacam at home? Is it worth speaking to the vet to see if you could tide her over with a dose? Or at least go to the vets and get some if you dont?

Just maybe worht a phone call if you trust your vet first :)

i do have metacam but a jab will be more effective so im holding out for that....shes very stressed so trying to keep her as calm as poss before going.
i do need more oral metacam...in this house with six buns it gets used up very quickly! especially if the frenchies need it!!

thank you for your advice though...id say the same normally. And yes i have an amazing bunvet....and trust her. Shes the only vet that bluebell likes and hasnt bitten! lol

i do have metacam but a jab will be more effective so im holding out for that....shes very stressed so trying to keep her as calm as poss before going.
i do need more oral metacam...in this house with six buns it gets used up very quickly! especially if the frenchies need it!!

thank you for your advice though...id say the same normally. And yes i have an amazing bunvet....and trust her. Shes the only vet that bluebell likes and hasnt bitten! lol

Perhaps vet would be prepared to do a home visit? Is that a possibility to save on the major stress and change of scents, which would undoubtebly set you right back?

Back