• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best rabbit toys!

Mine only ever bother with the big willow balls from Wilkinsons...... they have loads of toys but never bother (unless they're in a bad mood and chuck them at me) they have completely chewed their cardboard tunnel (so I'll have to get them a new one).

They do love their treat balls, I put their pellets in and they just love them :)

The thing they love to play with most, is the cover off the patio furniture - we put it against the fence, and they tunnel thru it, keeps them occupied for hours! They play chase and hide and seek, I'll try and record them doing it (soon as the camera comes out they ususally stop :lol: ).

They have a carrot tree - and bit the hanging bits off to try to be naughty (dont think they realise its a toy lol)

Doughnut loves the green tunnel, loves running in and out of it. She also loves the willow tunnel to eat not to play in. Not interested in any type of ball, chases the treat ball but don't think she's having fun, would rather I gave her a treat. I think she gets frustrated with it!

Cardboard boxes and toilet roll tubes

This.

I occasionally buy willow balls as Biscuit likes to chew them, but i dont really buy 'toys' so to speak.

Biscuit LOVES tunnels to go through and also likes levels, so he can use his ultra powerful legs to jump high. Ginger likes to clamber on things if she can reach, but enjoys tunnels too.

I make toys like this;

IMG_5774Medium.jpg

Keeps them happy for hours.

Stuff them with a few pellets or herbs, then lots of hay!

This.

I occasionally buy willow balls as Biscuit likes to chew them, but i dont really buy 'toys' so to speak.

Biscuit LOVES tunnels to go through and also likes levels, so he can use his ultra powerful legs to jump high. Ginger likes to clamber on things if she can reach, but enjoys tunnels too.

I make toys like this;

IMG_5774Medium.jpg

Keeps them happy for hours.

Stuff them with a few pellets or herbs, then lots of hay!

I never thought of layering loo rolls up!!! Guess what I'll be doing with my afternoon :lol:

I never thought of layering loo rolls up!!! Guess what I'll be doing with my afternoon :lol:

Pretty much cheapest toy ever.

50p for a 40m roll of string
i have about 30 loo rolls and kitchen roll tubes and even 3 wrapping paper ones for extra length :lol:

Easy enrichment :)

Anything they can hide in, tunnels, boxes etc. Or anything they can climb on. Also an egg box filled with herbs/hay etc that they have to open, Peter gives up very quickly because he's not that food orientated but Poppy spends forever trying to open it (I've pinched this idea off somebody on the forum but I'm not sure who :oops:)

Poppy's favourite 'game' is to try and run in my bedroom (the only room in the house they're not allowed), and under the bed. She rarely succeeds but I let my guard down this morning and she was almighty pleased with herself as she nipped under the bed :roll:

I do similar, graham. Nothing like watching them go mad trying to get treats out of a toilet roll tube.

I find 99% of 'pet' products are designed for humans. (after all, it's us who go and buy them)

I do similar, graham. Nothing like watching them go mad trying to get treats out of a toilet roll tube.

I find 99% of 'pet' products are designed for humans. (after all, it's us who go and buy them)

Completely agree with that.

Most are all bright colours etc, yet from what i've read, rabbits only have a limited visual sprectrum for colours?

Much rather do something that encourages a rabbits natural foraging behaviour :love:

I love watching them be rabbits more than ANYTHING else :love::love:

love the set up.....

mine eat anything carboard that can be thriwn around as it gets smaller and smaller lol. asda sell plastic measuring spoons on a plastic ring....my little buns love them..then they get bored and ignore them...then they find them and think...hmm whopeee up in the air they go...bang bang on the ground they go..makes a heck of a noise! frenchies have had to have asda plastic measuring cups but had to take them off baxter when he was in the crate...he would scoop water into a cup..drink out of it then throw it around soaking everything including him. now theyre out with him..he doesnt give them a second glance.

willow balls go the fastest...or chew mats.....twigs and branches.....my paperwork! lol

P@H do a toy that looks like a babies rattle with a plastic bunny head that rattles and two wooden carrots. It's the only toy I've bought that my buns are still interested in. They chuck it about a fair bit :)

ah but the spoons and cups are cheaper! besides we had a rattle like that for merlin..hevate half the rabbits head!

Hahahah brilliant. I bet Toasty would do that if she could get hold of it properly. Mostly it just annoys her and she flings it! :)

She's also fond of nudging plastic bottles over so I always keep lids on :)

Anything cardboard!
Which is good as usually means its FREE!

I made this a while ago, spends hours in it!
55c718ff.jpg
[/IMG]

Tunnel and a little tent are most popular here. The first tent he wound up with a big hole that he got far too stuck in so I don't let him have it when he's on his own.
Little stool is also good, so are those playsticks that are good for chewing or hiding under.
No interest in balls unless it's a treat ball.
Oh, and throwing the little tray!!

Might try some measuring cups :)

I never thought of measuring cups, although mine love throwing flower pots around :lol:

Willow balls are the best for throwing at each other and then destroying here :thumb:

We have a little stool but no one is really that bothered with it :roll:

I find it so hard to find good toys for Louie. He has a willow ball, some plastic keys, jingle balls but, unless he "accidentally" comes across the balls or keys he doesn't realise they are there.

Same with tunnels, he doesn't get the fun of them.

He loves a telly mag to tear up though :D

Back