• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed please??

jay3ttp

New Kit
Hi all I need some help and advice please. I recently adopted a 3 month old little boy from P@H, I know that people dont recommend this but he was from the adoption part and had been brought in by a lady who claimed she had no time and her child was bored! Apparently he was a naughty rabbit :evil: Well i walked away but ended up going back as he looked so sad. Although I am not new to rabbits/piggies I am not big on breeds as most of my rabbits over the years have been bits of this and bits of that, breed has never bothered me as I prefer to find a cute rabbit that needs a home if that makes sense. Anyway I was told that he was a lionhead, my female at home has lionhead in her and I could see a likeness, my plan was wait a bit get them both "done" and put together in a hutch outside (or keep in when i convinced partner that they wont smell if i used different bedding/litter to woodchip). At present they are both indoors and I have until now been using woodchip. I posted a question on here about the alternatives to woodchip with regards to smell etc I have since had a friend come visit who took one look at my boy and said he looked like an angora to her, so I rang P@H to double check on lionhead and was told he was lionhead/angora cross! I am so angry that I was misled in this way. Like I said I am not big on breeds but I do know that angoras need a lot of care. After having a fit down the phone I calmed down and tried to research the care of angoras but all I can find is American stuff or breeders recommending wire bases, tiny cages etc. I am now totally certain that I want him indoors for many reasons, one being so he stays dry. I am also doing away with woodchips altogether for all my animals, the piggies have fleece but i am still trying to find ideas for both buns especially snowbell. I have more than enough time to groom him, as i do with all the animals, I home educate and my 2 eldest girls are a huge help, one would like to be a Vet which is why we have so many animals in the first place. They are 14 and 15 years. I think I would be happier if he was clipped regular so that he can live alongside fudge (my female) and be comfy. I would really appreciate some advice with regards to clipping/grooming, bedding and any special diets for him. Although I am annoyed at P@H I wouldnt take him back as I know we are able to help him we just need some advice. If anyone knows of any links it would be great too.

Thanks x

Hi all I need some help and advice please. I recently adopted a 3 month old little boy from P@H, I know that people dont recommend this but he was from the adoption part and had been brought in by a lady who claimed she had no time and her child was bored! Apparently he was a naughty rabbit :evil: Well i walked away but ended up going back as he looked so sad. Although I am not new to rabbits/piggies I am not big on breeds as most of my rabbits over the years have been bits of this and bits of that, breed has never bothered me as I prefer to find a cute rabbit that needs a home if that makes sense. Anyway I was told that he was a lionhead, my female at home has lionhead in her and I could see a likeness, my plan was wait a bit get them both "done" and put together in a hutch outside (or keep in when i convinced partner that they wont smell if i used different bedding/litter to woodchip). At present they are both indoors and I have until now been using woodchip. I posted a question on here about the alternatives to woodchip with regards to smell etc I have since had a friend come visit who took one look at my boy and said he looked like an angora to her, so I rang P@H to double check on lionhead and was told he was lionhead/angora cross! I am so angry that I was misled in this way. Like I said I am not big on breeds but I do know that angoras need a lot of care. After having a fit down the phone I calmed down and tried to research the care of angoras but all I can find is American stuff or breeders recommending wire bases, tiny cages etc. I am now totally certain that I want him indoors for many reasons, one being so he stays dry. I am also doing away with woodchips altogether for all my animals, the piggies have fleece but i am still trying to find ideas for both buns especially snowbell. I have more than enough time to groom him, as i do with all the animals, I home educate and my 2 eldest girls are a huge help, one would like to be a Vet which is why we have so many animals in the first place. They are 14 and 15 years. I think I would be happier if he was clipped regular so that he can live alongside fudge (my female) and be comfy. I would really appreciate some advice with regards to clipping/grooming, bedding and any special diets for him. Although I am annoyed at P@H I wouldnt take him back as I know we are able to help him we just need some advice. If anyone knows of any links it would be great too.

Thanks x

Hi there! :wave:

I've just got my angora bun home, a few days ago I posted a thread about housing angoras. Hope it can help you a little!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ing-Angora-Buns-...-Anyone-had-any-experience

Heres my little fella :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?352159-Say-hello-toooooooo-...-More-photos-added!

Last edited:
Long haired breeds that come in to our rescue are housed on carpet or vet bed . we use woodbased cat litter in litter trays . and hay goes in a hay rack .
if bedding is needed or bun prefers something on top of litter we use straw for this as its less likely to get caught in the fur.

A wide toothed metal comb is better than a brush in my opinion ... and fur casn be kept trimmed especialy around the face .

grooming is best done at least every other day

:wave:

hi been looking for a decent grooming comb but still havent been able to find one that looks anygood admittedly I keep looking at everything else and not the combs, an recomendations? Also, the rabbits will have plenty of free roam time but for the occasions when i need to keep them safe they will stay in their cages, what do you all lie your cages with? x

hi been looking for a decent grooming comb but still havent been able to find one that looks anygood admittedly I keep looking at everything else and not the combs, an recomendations? Also, the rabbits will have plenty of free roam time but for the occasions when i need to keep them safe they will stay in their cages, what do you all lie your cages with? x

I use a brush similar to this http://www.therange.co.uk/just4pets-slicker-brush-by-ancol//the-range/fcp-product/11974 I got it from the range but it was in the small dog section!]

And a comb similar to this http://www.therange.co.uk/just4pets-slicker-brush-by-ancol//the-range/fcp-product/11974

As for flooring I'm currently using non slip self adhesive vinyl tiles from B&Q, and hes got a carpet tile in his dog crate too which he likes laying on. :D

I would also get a vet to check the sex i got a "boy" bunny from pah adoption told by 2 members of staff definitely a boy well june 16th "he" gave me 7 beautiful babies

Back