• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay experts getting a new site!

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Just got this email from them, I hope it's good!

Correspondence from The Hay Experts August 19, 2012
An Update from The Hay Experts
We are contacting you as a customer of The Hay Experts to let you know we will soon be launching a new website.

The new site is packed with new features, information and resources, along with some new goodies for you and your little ones too!

Until the new site is launched, the existing site will remain fully operational and orders should be placed as normal.

There are a few differences with the new site we would like to highlight in advance, so*you can be assured all is well, and can continue to shop in the knowledge everything is safe and secure.

To ensure your details are up to date and remain fully secure, we ask you to register as a new customer on the new site; your old login details will not function.
Card processing will be carried out by Sage Pay via PCI compliant processes (banking industry security standards) to give you total peace of mind whilst shopping with us.
If card payment is selected, details will be requested after you have confirmed your order for your convenience; a secure window will appear requesting payment details.
We will also be able to accept payment via PayPal, and will continue to support orders via BACS or cheque too.

We'll be in touch again after the site has gone live with some more information.

We do hope you enjoy shopping on our new website once it has been launched, and welcome any comments or queries you may have.

Thank you for your continued custom.
With best wishes,
The Hay Experts Team

I made an order yday and it's alot faster and easier now! I used to find it really irritating as it would go back to homepage once you'd added something to your basket, now it doesn't :D and you can use paypal now, so much easier!

The menus don't seem to show up properly on my Mac (not tried it on my PC at home though) :(

And I can't log in because it says my password is too short, but when I did the forgotten password thing I never got an email :(

I don't need any more hay at the moment though so will hope it fixes itself :)

The menus don't seem to show up properly on my Mac (not tried it on my PC at home though) :(

And I can't log in because it says my password is too short, but when I did the forgotten password thing I never got an email :(

I don't need any more hay at the moment though so will hope it fixes itself :)

You have to re-register as a new customer on the new site, old passwords won't work :wave:

They did need a new site the old one was awful :?

Looks much better though but they really should make sure the site is browser compatible...I test all my sites in all browsers before putting them live.

They did need a new site the old one was awful :?

Looks much better though but they really should make sure the site is browser compatible...I test all my sites in all browsers before putting them live.

Which browser are you having a problem with?

Its fine for me I use IE :wave:

Someone mentioned the menu didn't work on a mac and when I test it in Safari on a PC they are correct you can't see the menu items.

I liked the old site, but will probably get used to the new one. It's useful to know you have to re-register and that old paswords don't work.

Have spoken to Lisa from THE, her and the developers of the site have just looked at the website on a Mac and currently cannot find any menu display issues.

Lisa would be grateful if there is still a problem, for you to email to sales@thehayexperts.co.uk the version you are running on and perhaps a screen shot so they can see what you are seeing and investigate further.

Hopefully this will help you to continue easily accessing the website.

Just made an order an apparently they are offering a free gift ATM (while stocks last) so will let you know if it's just the sample bag of SS I usually get or something new! :D

I'm due to make a purchase on Friday, I've registered with the site again, it's looking better than before

I'm disappointed, as they seem to have drastically reduced the range of stuff they sell :( there were some things I bought regularly like the large willow rings for Daisy and Digby, and they've disappeared :( I've just emailed to complain.

I'm sad that they don't have the apple/pear sticks any more :( Although I noticed they had gone a few weeks before the site redesign. Well, I didn't notice. I did an order, then when my stuff arrived, I suddenly thought hmmmm why didn't I see the apple/pear sticks and order more? Looked on the website, and they weren't there! :( Hopscotch will be most aggrieved when he runs out!

Well I thought I placed and order on Tuesday morning but I just checked and I never got a confirmation email and there's nothing on my PayPal! Called to double check and they're going to get back to me

Last edited:
I do have a migraine but apparently it's not made me crazy. Looks like work Internet conked out on me when trying to order on tues so I've tried again and got an email this time. Yippee. Time for some paracetamol.

Have spoken to Lisa from THE, her and the developers of the site have just looked at the website on a Mac and currently cannot find any menu display issues.

Lisa would be grateful if there is still a problem, for you to email to sales@thehayexperts.co.uk the version you are running on and perhaps a screen shot so they can see what you are seeing and investigate further.

Hopefully this will help you to continue easily accessing the website.

I've just gone on this again today on my Mac (using Safari) and the menus seem fine now (there was no text on them before, just a white box. But you could see the rollover images).

I will make a new account and get some stuff ordered. :wave:

Back