• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I moved the buns back outside.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not happy but they are. :D

It was just too hot in my room. It's been going up to 26 degrees and with everyone out all day I can't open the window. I was panicking so much and I realised they were only inside for my benefit. It's easier for me to give Grim his medicine when he's in. So I moved them out yesterday. They do have a little less space outside when I'm not in, but it's too hot for them to do anything during the day. They must have been suffering with the heat so I thought it was a good trade off. It also means I can keep my bedroom door open now which is better for the chinchillas as it should keep the room cooler.

As I said I moved them out yesterday. And they haven't left the hutch! I think they missed it. :love:

Awwww I bet you do miss them. Their hutch is big so you could always move outside yourself if you get too lonely :D

I actually worked out I could sleep in there quite comfortably... it's big enough. I haven't tested it yet though... Grim has a tendency to leave squishy poos about. :lol:

No it's cooler Snoo has left the hutch and is now sat on top of it. :love:

AWWW .. bet they are enjoying the change .. good decision i think .. they can always come back in when it cools down if you want /. ;)

I'd forgotten what a clean room looks like... I had a shower today and didn't get poos stuck to my feet when I went back to my room. :lol:
Unfortunately I also found some fly eggs in the litter tray outside. :evil: I've just hung a rag soaked in citronella oil outside the hutch door and given the tray a good scrub. Grim is a little dirty which is worrying, I think it's wee though. I hate summer I really do.

Back