• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really quick but urgent question regarding ventilation-need to let fil know asap!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hey :wave:

In a couple of weeks we will be moving one of our houserabbits outside in a lovely new hutch/shed run combo thing my oh's dad is building us, hopefully to be joined by a new wifey in the next few weeks or so. It is fully insulated and is gonna be fab. However, he was asking me if I needed one/two of the panels meshed to allow for ventilation when they are locked in the shed/hutch type bit overnight. I currently have two buns living outside in a shed/run combination and at night when they are locked in the shed they dont have any ventilation. Is this wrong :oops:

I just thought with Jess going from a house bun to an outdoor bun, surely with the shed/hutch part being insulated, in defeats the object having a meshed panel that is gonna let the heat out and the cold in??

Could do with some opinions asap please evryone as father-in-law needs to know to finish it off.
Ta!!!!!

Lisa

Could he put some ventilation holes in the shed? In my 2 big sheds I have an opening window with mesh across so I can leave it open if necessary. If the shed is in the sun it will get very warm thiis weather so think about that but generally playhouses or small sheds don't get that hot if in a shaded spot. If you had a meshed panel as in a dog kennel the problem is the rain being blown in so then you would have to have a cover for wet weather.

You need some form of ventilation, not just for summer when it's hot but also for winter to prevent it getting damp. Either an opening window or plastic vent from B&Q would do the trick. Sealing it completely is not a good idea - I know to my cost ;).

The shed end of my kennel is open 24/7 via the bunny flap so this allows sufficient air flow in winter. During the summer, I leave the door open from the shed to the kennel to stop the heat building up.

You need some form of ventilation, not just for summer when it's hot but also for winter to prevent it getting damp. Either an opening window or plastic vent from B&Q would do the trick. Sealing it completely is not a good idea - I know to my cost ;).

The shed end of my kennel is open 24/7 via the bunny flap so this allows sufficient air flow in winter. During the summer, I leave the door open from the shed to the kennel to stop the heat building up.

oooo thats an idea. Just had a look at plastic vents on the b&q site. Defo gonna do that. Cheers! :D

Back