• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new rabbits lifetime Pet Insurers - helpucover.co.uk

I'd be too scared to change from PetPlan. Thought I would get an on-line quote, though, just to see - but it came back to say he is too old (he's 5 and a bit).

Are they fairly new ? I have never heard of them but they are at least £30 or £40 cheaper a year then Petplan.

I'm not sure to be honest! Mine have only been insured for a month or so on them, and they seem to cover a lot, and they are cheaper! Although when you sign up you put your vets details in and they contact them to find out what medical conditions the bunnies have, so mine aren't covered for Neurological problems (makes alfie sound insane:shock:) malocclusion and left hind leg problems, so not good for a bun with existing health problems! So far, so good though! :wave:

cant change over....every bun in this hiuse has a pre existing condition even if its been one case of stasis you will not be covered for ANY stasis bouts or related issues....

so stuck with petplan i am.

do t pets at home insurance cover buns over five years of age?

cant change over....every bun in this hiuse has a pre existing condition even if its been one case of stasis you will not be covered for ANY stasis bouts or related issues....

so stuck with petplan i am.

do t pets at home insurance cover buns over five years of age?

I think they are the only company who do, which is why those with older bunnies often choose to go with them.

if it is an ongoing condition..ie stasis frequent bouts etc....as long as you have paid the excess once in that year...you dont pay it again...only the vet consult and treatment and meds.

watch out because some vets receptionists have no scruples and tell you that you must pay it every visit...its how i got into over a thousand pounds worth of vet fees and got £250 back from petplan! then our records got accidentally lost. The receptionist we know wasnt the one who did this but her stand in .

yes i am at a different vets now!

i've just got my p@h details for cecile and charles - m+t are with pet plan, which is more expensive but c+c were too old to go with them. i'm going to compare policies and possibly swap m+t to p@h. i'll look at the new one, too.

With PetPlan the excess is payable for each new illness in a policy year.

:thumb: Yes thats what I meant, sorry :lol:

Spoke to them earlier about my claim that has just gone through, and they have deducted £100 from it, as its spread over 2 'policy years' although less than a year ago.

Back