• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Misty was stolen 20th of June now toffee :(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
Both my buns have been stolen misty on the 20th of June and Toffee on the 24th of July they were stolen from their hutch I'm devastated :( I'm currently offering a £100 reward for their safe return however someone said they saw q rabbit that looked like toffee in the woods near my home :( if that was the case I know there's no hope she'll be alive now but she wasn't handable so probably got dropped while scratching whoever took her :( I'm absolutely devastated I'l have to post a couple pictures of them on here so if people can please keep an eye on free ads and rescues for me :( I never thought I'd be rabbitless :( toffee was a rescue and I feel I failed her and them for not keeping her safe :(

This is really terrible!!! How could anyone do such an awful thing?? I am so sorry - I, too would be devastated - I pray they are safe somewhere and hope they turn up and are returned :cry::cry:

Oh my gosh :shock: I'm so sorry, how awful!I really, really hope someone finds them/they are returned soon!

The same thing happened to my mum's english spot rabbit Rufus a few years ago :( The police caught the people that did it, They we're carrying Rufus in a black bin liner and someone reported them for it. Turns out they wanted to breed him with their female and try and make a profit from the babies! They stole him because they'd been refused from a rescue after they did a home check and it wasn't suitable!:evil::evil::evil:

Some horrible horrible people in the world! I hope that you get your buns back soon!:(

That is so awful, I'm so sorry. Can I ask whether you had padlocks on your hutch? I'm concerned because I tend to think our guys are safe because they are padlocked in but if people are cutting padlocks off I'll maybe get some better ones.

Doglost say to overload the area with posters and this may work with rabbits. Someone might know of someone who has a new rabbit.
Have you looked through the woods.
You need to contact the RSPCA in case someone hands them in and vets. Do the council dog wardens in your area take in other animals. Might be worth giving them a ring too.

I'm so sorry :( I hope they can be found, someone may have found toffee in the woods and may be looking after him/her, so the posters is definetly a good idea :) Make sure as many people as possible are aware they are missing, so that if they are being looked after by someone, hopefully they can be returned to you :)

I'd have a look in the woods anyway, I've known chickens that have returned after a couple of weeks in the woods, safe, and I'd say a rabbit is smarter and faster than a chicken.

It would also help to notify the vets in the area and put up posters there, they may have someone come in with their new stolen rabbit, hopefully they'll see the reward and think £100 is worth more than the bun. If your buns are neutered, put that on the posters, as if they have stolen them planning to breed then they will be more likely to give them back. I'd also put 'no questions asked for safe return of my rabbits' or similar on it, as that may make the thieves feel safer in giving them up.

Are they microchipped? If so, that would help vets identify them and also putting that on the poster will hopefully make the theives less likely to want them.
I hope you find them x

That's awful :( I'd put on the posters that they're spayed/neutered (incase the thief wanted them for breeding), and I'd also put microchipped and that they have a health problem on the poster (even if they don't). There's some horrible people around, I really hope they come back to you :(

Im so sorry to be hearing this,:( how awful that someone stole your rabbits, i would too put on the posters that Toffee has a health problem and she is spayed as this will more likely put the thieves off, i would put the posters up out of your town too incase they have saw her

how awful , soo sorry, try contctng the rwaf and ask them to put a first alert message out for members in your area, to make them aware of danger of buns being stolena dn also to look out for toffee :cry:

that's really horrible :( might be worth a look in the woods with a pocketful of crunchies just in case

Back