• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Umm so I might have ripped the lino out

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Well I was cleaning out the rabbits today and because of the humid weather (and the fact I forgot to put cat litter in the tray) there were some of those lite black flies everywhere and some earwigs. Anyway after lots of disenfectant and. Vinegar I got rid of them. But when my stepdad put the limo in the hutch he didn't do a very good job of putting it down. Lots of gaps for hay to get stuck and stuff. Anyway I think the flies had set up shop in one of the gaps in the bedroom area. I went to try and pull it back to brush it out, Only expected it to give way a little and the whole side of Lino came away :shock:
It was all rotten underneath and like I suspected there was hay and a little nest. So I pulled away more and the bottom had started to rot from where he wee had gotten through. Pulled the whole thing out without a problem.

I think I might replace the bottom but how can I protect it from wee and stuff for a little while?? Thanks

I have never put anything other than newspaper down in a hutch.

My bunnies are litter trained so apart from the odd accident the newspaper is all that is necessary. It is very easy to clean - just whip up the newpaper and replace with fresh paper.

Back