• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe Height for Rabbit to Jump From???

LilRabbit25

Warren Scout
Hi,
I am planning to build an indoor rabbit hutch. It has two stories and it is made so that when my rabbit is outside he can jump on top of it since he likes to jump. However, the highest point of the hutch is 1 meter. There is a small little step going down in front of the top layer but if he gets startled maybe he will jump straight down??? I just need to know if 1 meter is too high for him to jump down from? My rabbit weighs 4 pounds. The wood to climb onto is all layered with old carpet pieces.
Here is a photo:

ScreenShot2012-08-19at102943.png

I like the layout very much. I think your rabbit will figure out that its best to use the step down. He will soon learn the best way. As long as he is agile he should be ok jumping from a metre if he decides to. If he is an elderly rabbit then you'll have to be more cautious. He should enjoy living in his new hutch.

if you are worried about just the tallest level, then why not put a little bunny railing/barrier around it on all sides except where that ramp is, and maybe on the side of that ramp as well if that is also going to be up high.

looks great though! u must be pretty diy savvy!!

Back