• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could something like this be done for rabbits, but with only one level?

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
103793966382343424_CroftVc1_c.jpg

Saw this on Pinterest and thought it was very neat!!! What do you all think?

i'm sure you could do it.
1 - why?
2 - even if you make it, you don't know what use they'd make of it. my rabbits have had several soft, cosy beds and hides - they've used every one as a litter tray.

This would be absolutely no good for my rabbit at all!:lol:, she already has a bed and she just rips it apart, gets the inside out of it and tries to eat it:lol:?

This would be absolutely no good for my rabbit at all!:lol:, she already has a bed and she just rips it apart, gets the inside out of it and tries to eat it:lol:?

Where does she sleep then?

i'm sure you could do it.
1 - why?
2 - even if you make it, you don't know what use they'd make of it. my rabbits have had several soft, cosy beds and hides - they've used every one as a litter tray.

1) It's cute.
2) Then maybe I'd turn it into a litter tray instead of a bed.
You seem slightly rude in that post, not sure if you meant it that way or not... Just the vibe I got.

Where does she sleep then?

1) It's cute.
2) Then maybe I'd turn it into a litter tray instead of a bed.
You seem slightly rude in that post, not sure if you meant it that way or not... Just the vibe I got.

she sleeps in her hutch in the porch, i could never leave her outside i would feel to guilty but in the winter when the porch gets really cold we have this big cage and she sleeps in that inside the house :), her bed is just for her to go in when i get her out of her hutch :) x

she sleeps in her hutch in the porch, i could never leave her outside i would feel to guilty but in the winter when the porch gets really cold we have this big cage and she sleeps in that inside the house :), her bed is just for her to go in when i get her out of her hutch :) x

I see. So she likes to tear things up? What happens if she ends up eating some of the stuffing, or gets stuck? Do you worry about that?

I see. So she likes to tear things up? What happens if she ends up eating some of the stuffing, or gets stuck? Do you worry about that?

yes, she loves tearing things up!!:lol:, of course i would worry if she ate the stuffing but she doesnt get chance to, because after she has dug all of the stuffing out using her claws, i put it back inside for her to keep digging it back out, what do u mean by getting stuck?

yes, she loves tearing things up!!:lol:, of course i would worry if she ate the stuffing but she doesnt get chance to, because after she has dug all of the stuffing out using her claws, i put it back inside for her to keep digging it back out, what do u mean by getting stuck?

So it's a toy then really? Like getting tangled in fabric or stuffing?

Of course you could, it's up to yor creativity. But don't be assured the rabbits will use it as a bed. :lol:
Also watch out so they don't eat the stuffing.

I don't personally see the point. But that is only because I've made Stephen a 'bed' which consists of the base of a hamster cage filled with fleeces and he just ignores it and sleeps on the floor. I'd be concerned about him digging it and eating the fluff though, he's a good chewer.

It depends what your bunnies are like.

It would be better to do something like that as a litter tray, put hay in it instead of a cushion. I don't think rabbits care much about beds. I got Buckley a bed, he just ignores it and sleeps on the floor.

I think they'd either ruin it or ignore it, or at least my buns would!

Looks pretty though. I'd just be worried that something like that isnt wipe-clean or washable, so it could only be used indoors with very well behaved buns :lol:

Back