• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day old giraffe

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I went to Marwell Zoological Park today with a friend (as it's his birthday today) and fell in love with a gorgeous giraffe who was only born yesterday. S/he was still very unsteady on his or her feet and being kept with Mum away from the others. S/he was very friendly though and came right up to the edge of the enclosure to see all the vistors.

Seeing him or her completely made my day. The volunteer I spoke to said the giraffe was a she - but then added he wasn't sure!

Sadly this one is blurry :cry:

18812Mumandbabygiraffe.jpg

18812GiraffeMumandbaby.jpg

So new - and so perfect:love:

18812Giraffeonedayold.jpg

18812Onedayoldgiraffe.jpg

One year a friend paid for me to feed them for a present and I got to stand on a high platform so I could stroke their heads - it was awesome.

I know zoos aren't always good but overall I have been impressed with Marwell. The Mum and Baby giraffe were being kept inside today away from the other giraffes but they usually have access to a huge outdoor grassy area with a lake in the middle. It's beautiful and they do seem to have a lot of room.

:love: :love: I love giraffes too! :love: I went to South Lakes wild animal park last year, and they let you feed the giraffes, it's so cool!! :love:

Back