• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remember Poppy the blind mini lop? Well LOOK AT HER NOW!!

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
Who remembers this scraggly rather pathetic looking blind bunny??
4364435-888m.jpg

Her name was Poppy and she stole my heart - I simply had to rescue her from where she was - in the hands of a young and very irresponsible so called rescue/breeder, who had no money to treat the poorly buns in her 'care', wasn't coping and was in a real mess - yet with the help of another RU member and a 'secret mission' she has been with me since Easter and is doing really well. Thankfully her health was good and she has been neutered and vaccs. Just look at her now! Her name is Sweetpea and she is actually a cashmere lop, medium sized and extremely fluffy!!!
004.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely fine - I guess as it's all she's ever known. Sweetpea has a large 6'2" single storey hutch on tall legs (so that her patio bunny pals can't reach up to 'swipe' her) yet they can chill out underneath it. I make sure her bowls and bottles and fleece mat are always in the same place, yet she loves to 'pick up' and move (or rather drop) her litter tray rather loudly throughout the day and early evening :roll::roll:

I'm amazed at how quickly they adapt to new surroundings. I took on a 7 year old blind bun (the previous owners didn't even know she was blind :censored:) - her husbun became her eyes and they wandered round the garden together :love:

Hi lovely Poppy :wave:

I'm amazed at how quickly they adapt to new surroundings. I took on a 7 year old blind bun (the previous owners didn't even know she was blind :censored:) - her husbun became her eyes and they wandered round the garden together :love:

Hi lovely Poppy :wave:

Hewow my new name is Sweetpea as there is already a Poppy at my house and Mummy said I needed a new name to go with my new happy life!! I might like a husbun too but my Mummy is a bit scared in case he doesn't like me and hurts me as I won't be able to see him :(

Yaaaaay. I love to hear good, happy bunny news!:thumb::thumb:

Well done for giving her so much care, love and attention.:thumb::love:

Awww :love: She's gorgeous :love:

I seem to recall a thread on here a while ago of someone bonding a blind bun and a deaf bun.. I could have made that up but I'm pretty sure one was either deaf or blind.. I imagine it would start with swapping blankets and things for smells to start with if you ever did want to find her a husbun :)

Hello beautiful girl how well you look. I still remember how much my heart was racing when I went to pick you up. You were the start of quite a few buns getting out of there and the start of helping to educate others. We're not there yet but things are slowly improving. Without you that never would have happened. You really landed on your paws with your new bunny mummy lucky girl. Love to you all xxx

Hello beautiful girl how well you look. I still remember how much my heart was racing when I went to pick you up. You were the start of quite a few buns getting out of there and the start of helping to educate others. We're not there yet but things are slowly improving. Without you that never would have happened. You really landed on your paws with your new bunny mummy lucky girl. Love to you all xxx

Well hello there secret mission partner in crime!!! :wave::wave: Not the best picture but Sweetpea loves being under her hutch and wouldn't come out for a decent pose!!:lol::lol: She is still gorgeous and a real fluffball and I wuv her :oops::oops: once again thank you for all you did too - between us we have given a special bun a happy healthy future when who knows what fate would have befallen her :(

Back