• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi.... im considering being a

hollie917

New Kit
bunny mummy, i am already a piggy mummy

sooo i want to know the ins and outs of bunny mummy life

so stuff like diet, routines, space needed, inside/outside (my piggys live inside so would probally want them inside too), there needs, what definatly not to do/give, and any tips you think will help

also anyone know of a rabbit rescue in derby

thankyou in advance x

I keep my buns indoors, currently im in the middle of bonding angel and bailey.
Id deffo recommend seeing if there are any bonded pairs available at the closest rescue to you, saves you a lot of hassle.
Parsley free ranges in the living room and he's such a good boy with his litter training, you can train them like cats :) angel is also
litter trained and once she's bonded with bailey they'll free range in the spare bedroom.
My 3 love love love dill, curly kale thyme and wee bits of bananna or pineapple for treats.
I feed a handful of pellets each day, the reason being is angel is a fussy eater so she only eats the sweet bits of anything else.
And they get unlimited hay, it keeps their teeths nice and trim.
This forum has been a godsend for me, I spent ages just trawling through the posts long before I actually posted anything.
If you have any other questions then you can pm me and I'll see if I know the answers.
:)

covering housing and diet..

Housing - if indoors you could let them free range the house or a particular room. if you can't let them free range 24/7 you can use a C&C set up or a puppy play pen or a dog crate. But these things can only be used for a little while, like when you're not home, they still need free range time everyday.

Diet - Hay is most important and should be about 90% of their diet. There should always be unlimited hay available. Most people give a handful (or eggcup full) of pellets once a day. Herbs, safe weeds and flowers and foraged food can be given as well. Some veg is okay too but generally herbs, etc is best. Fruit can be given rarely as a treat (too much sugar is bad for gut).

On my website ('Flash's Place' in my sig) I have a lot of info that is given out to anyone adopting from our local RSPCA. It might be worth a read. :)

I will offer a word of caution. They take over your life. ;)
I wouldn't be without my bunnies.
Mine have a shed and run outside. They mostly need a good quality hay diet and a little veg and pellets.
Definitely keep them in pairs at least.

I will offer a word of caution. They take over your life. ;)
I wouldn't be without my bunnies.
Mine have a shed and run outside. They mostly need a good quality hay diet and a little veg and pellets.
Definitely keep them in pairs at least.

Agreed. I started with one, two years later I have six!

thankyou for all your replies i have been thinking more into this and how i would go about changing the room around to suit needs so far im thinking i will raise the piggy cage wich will be a c&c one soon on to a table or something of sort and then have rabbits underneath and rabbit proof the room so they can free range in there until litter trained as it is lino flooring then they can have run of house depending on there size realy if they were small i would worry to much about them being stood on :roll: what do you think? (sorry if all seems stupid but i like to get things right)

Back