• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU's oldest bun at moment

mine were all born in june 2006 so they're still on the young side, i'd think, for minilops. i suppose a lot of people can only guess as their buns were rescues...

Miss Bunny Penny is 11.5 years of age

017.jpg

We have lots of real oldies but could never say their exact age as the majority are rescues without entire histories :wave:

I have an 11 1/2 year old (Buster the lionlop), an 11 year old (Barney, my first ever bunny) and his wife Summer Pudding who is about 10 now, and loads between the ages of 4-10 (mostly around the 8-9 mark).

In rescue I have a pair of 6 year olds, a pair where one is 7 and the partner is 6 1/2.

Flora's a youngster at nine and a half :D. Her new husbun, Benji (aged 5) seems to have given her a new lease of life.

:love: I love this thread. Mainly because before RU I was told the average life span of a bun is 5 years.

It's so nice to hear that when treated well, loved, cared for etc they can live so long :love:

I hope mine reach a ripe old age!

This is a pic of the late great Bicci bunny, (Brown and white 4kilo lop) one of an original pair that started me on this crazy bunny merry-go-round.

Adult when taken to the RSPCA, there for 3 long years, then had many happy years with us, she was widowed 6 weeks after we got her, first husband Alaska was a REW rex, and quickly remarried to the amazing Tommy (big agouti boy) we lost her then him 4 weeks later last september, he simply couldnt live with out her.:cry:

She was at least 10 maybe 11, not bad for a big bunny. She had a permanent look of PMT, and lead Tommy a dogs life. He adored her as we did.
30773_122368084446952_3294628_n.jpg

If anyone else is on Instagram there is a bunny on there called Oimo who just turned 14 & is still in excellent health! :love:

Back