• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's The Cleverist Thing Your Bun Has Done?

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Hi everyone!

See as I'm a newbie I thought I'd start a little threat to say hi to people. So has anyone had those moments when your bun has done something and you've realised they might be smarter than you thought?

I have one. Littlest Bun brought me her food bowl like Oliver Twist when she was hungry. I fell about laughing, it was so cute!!! :lol:

xxxx

I remember once I had lost something in the garden, couldn't see it anywhere and one of the buns went behind a hutch annd then camme out from iand looked at me - a d when I looked there it was! She knew! Also I had a bunny who knew I was going to go out to put them in and she was always in by the time I got there. Her sister was the opposite though and wouldn't go in and Melissa used to come back out and chase her in.

Frankie is skilled at playing football. She absolutely loves her Toy story ball! She was admitted to the vets the other night and when she came home she groomed it for the first time ever! She always works out a way to get it unwedged from somewhere so she can go off chasing it again, and a few times has got it completely stuck in the end of one of those green and orange stripey cardboard tubes. She's worked out she needs to go in the other end and push it with all her might to get it back out again :love::love:

Poppy comes into the lounge at 10:00 every night o tell me it's supper time, she's rarely more than 10 mins early or late.

Poppy knows when she's getting a treat, as does Leo which is impressive seeing as he is deaf :roll::lol:

Donny and Lola are dumb buns :lol:

But out of all of them Poppy is the most intelligent one, she knows when we need to pick her up, she knows when to give in to being picked up and she generally knows everything that goes on in 'her' room :lol:

Frankie is skilled at playing football. She absolutely loves her Toy story ball! She was admitted to the vets the other night and when she came home she groomed it for the first time ever! She always works out a way to get it unwedged from somewhere so she can go off chasing it again, and a few times has got it completely stuck in the end of one of those green and orange stripey cardboard tubes. She's worked out she needs to go in the other end and push it with all her might to get it back out again :love::love:

Aww that's so cute. I wish mine did that. They loved their ball for about 10 mins and haven't touched it since :(

They KNOW when it is 7.45 am (time to go in the shed for veg, and mummy leaves for work), 8pm (pellet time) and 9pm (bedtime). They are always spot on... in the morning, they dissapear, and I say oooh its 7.45...... when they come running in the evening I say to hubby 'is it 8pm already?!' and they take themselves to their shed (or our patio doors if theyre inside) at 9!

Rupert knows that I get changed when I get home from work - sometimes I do it before I let them out, sometimes I let them out first (depends how late I am) and if i've not got changed yet, he konws, and stands by our bedroom door (he's not allowed in there since he bit a hole in our £1k bed :shock: ) but he just knows!

They know where their veg is, and food.

Rupert knows how to get the lid off their pineaple and papaya melange :lol:

Tia konws to roll the frozen water bottle when it starts to melt - she konws that if she rolls it, its colder on the other side :)

Oh, and Rupert has scaled a fence before! He used the door of the shed to push against, and I caught him half way up the fence - it wa the week we got him, he'd just been neutered and was intent on escaping!

Last edited:
The only thing that suck about Rabbits being great at timekeeping is when you're trying to get a lie in on a sunday and on the dot at 7.30 there's manic scrabbling at the bedroom door aka MUMMMMMM FEEED US!!!!!! :D

Don't know whether it's 'clever' or not, but Stephen has learned that if he stands on the very edge of the sofa when I'm in the kitchen he can make me feel guilty about not giving him anything to eat so he ends up with a basil leaf or dandelions/forage food from the fridge :p

He also figured out that if he makes a racket in the morning by bashing about in his cage (even though he is free range and not confined to his cage) it will wake Mummy or Daddy up and he will get his breakfast earlier :lol:

Doughnut walks on two legs, it's when she's begging and I take no notice so carry on walking and she sort of walks side ways to show me she's still begging.

She always likes to be fed at just gone 7 so I hear her rattling the bars at the weekend if I don't fed her on time. She's in the lounger/diner and has worked out that if the curtains stay shut, I'm at home so an hour later I get more rattling. In the week I open them when I go to work. I now open them every day when she's fed, so it's all quiet at the weekend so she's surprised when she sees me a bit later. Once she's worked it out I'll probably have to open the front door and shut it to pretend I've gone to work!

He'd say that it was climbing up on to my shoulder while I was sitting in the shed with him.. Judging by the very smug look on his face when he did so!

Back