• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Haven't had to ask for a while but can i get a few vibes please? UD Home and happy

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I know there are a lot of poorly buns at the moment and to be fair, we're not in a majorly serious position right now, but if anyone has any spares...

Gingers point blank refusing food this morning, which is very unusual. It's likely dental, which in effect is a good thing, as we've not had one for 5 weeks i think it is now (i didnt write the date of the last two down :roll:) but she looks absolutely miserable, normally she still seems 'okay' but this morning isn't 'okay' and just looks pathetic, in all honesty.

Been teetering on taking her to the vets for the past week and feel **** for not doing so, as she's been eating brilliantly, having fun and being Gingery, but her coat condition has fallen off massively, she just looks a scruffy mess right now, very poor coat :( i suspect she has also lost some weight. I feel **** for not taking her and it being because of money. Please don't give me the speech i give to other people for not spending money thats needed on her after all i've done in the past nearly two years. It's just circumstance and me watching her and thinking that its NOW is the time to take her. I did not withold treatment.

We're just heading off to the vets shortly as i won't see anyone but our vet and she doesnt start until 9:30 today.

Sorry for the noise.

*squish*

Good luck at the vets. I hope she feels much better soon.

By the way, have you tried mature pellets on her? as opposed to regular adult pellets? They seem to suit Wish and Flame down to the ground- but I think their gut is more vulnerable than Ginger's?

Sending lots of vibes to Ginger, hope she perks up soon!

P.S. In my personal opinion if we always took them to the vets at the first sign of any tiny issue, we would not only stress out our bunnies with constant vet trips, we would also spend money on appointments that might not be necessary and then struggle to pay for the really vital appointments! Only you as her owner and carer can decide when she needs to go to the vets, and I think you made the right decision. Lots of love to Ginger!

Really hope everything goes ok for Ginger at the vets this morning, and that she soon gets back to normal. Everyone knows how much you do for Ginger and Biscuit, and that money is never an option when it comes down to the health of your animals.

Sending huge vibes :love:

Sending lots of vibes to Ginger, hope she perks up soon!

P.S. In my personal opinion if we always took them to the vets at the first sign of any tiny issue, we would not only stress out our bunnies with constant vet trips, we would also spend money on appointments that might not be necessary and then struggle to pay for the really vital appointments! Only you as her owner and carer can decide when she needs to go to the vets, and I think you made the right decision. Lots of love to Ginger!

I'm really sorry but in principle I totally disagree with that- my belief is that we have to follow our gut instinct when it comes to our bunnies and that can mean taking them without a sign of a problem, with what appears a tiny issue, or whatever. That gut instinct is vital. Gray's gut instinct was to take her a week/a few days ago.

All that said, Gray knows that, and telling him again won't help and I reckon he will probably beat himself up even if no one said it. I've said that up there for anyone who may be reading this and may need to hear it; not for Gray's purposes- he knows it already.

Good luck, thinking of you... Don't beat yourself up about it, we all do what we think is best - I will hold off vets if I can, not becasue of money, but just because it stresses them out so much.

Hope all is ok - is the fur not just messy thru moulting? My Tia (beige lop) is a mess right now, she's feeling sorry for herself but its her big moult.

Thgink you of you x

I'm back and yes, dental, apparently vet can see some ulceration on her tongue and right cheek and a little blood.

Go Gray for missing it! Yay! :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: idiot.

Gut feels relatively full so she's obviously eaten at some point in the night so she's going straight in as an emergency for her dental.

Gray don't blame yourself. Our bunnies can be such troopers that subtle signs can get missed. I did the same with Mischa, he's carries on through everything and it can be very hard to see when he's ill because of it. Every time he has problems with his ears he has different symptoms and I'm sure that can be similar with dentals.

Hope the dental goes well for Gingeypops.

Sending vibes for Ginger. Buns are very good at hiding illness, so it's easy to miss problems. My boy could still eat right up until his molar spurs were tearing into his tongue - you just don't know until they finally refuse food. Stop beating yourself up, you've done the right thing and she'll be back to munching again pronto!. xxx

I can't post it in time but if you want to come and get a bag of forage for her when she gets home I'm here all day! Tell me what she would like and I'll have it ready:wave::wave::wave:
I am knee deep in willow here;)

You gots me number, ring it if you want some:D

Don't beat yourself up Gray. You took her when she needed it; you picked it up before would be expected. Shell be ok, I'm sure.

Vibes for Ginger! I hope she feels better soon.
How is Biccy?
Gray you always do your best for these dear bunnies. Please try not to feel bad...they are little furry masters of illusion.

Ginger's now in recovery, Biccy's had to be seperated from her :( He kept digging at her abdomen and nipping apparently :( Guess who can tell there's something wrong with her.

Apparently she was a mess of spurs and the right hand side of her mouth was very sore and inflamed.

Good times.

Want them home now.

I've only just seen this :( hopefully Ginger will recover quickly now and start nomming again soon. Sending tons of vibes for her, and I hope Biccy behaves himself when they come home! :roll:

Back