• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angel & Bailey Bonding U/D Going well pics :D

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
So after a failed bond between Angel and Parsley we have adopted a lovely mini rex called Bailey.
I'm in the process of bonding them just now and wanted to post on here to keep myself updated and also for your collective knowledge as I don't want it to go wrong like it did last time.

We went met Bailey yesterday on neutral territory with Angel, we had them in the same carrier to come back home, which was about a half hour journey.
Then last night I had them in the kitchen in the puppy pen, then when we went too bed had them both in a neutral cage.
There was slight chasing from Bailey trying to mount but Angel darts away and he gives up so no major chasing.
At about 5am ish I put them in seperate cages, so they could get some sleep (and me too as I was working today)
Before I went to work today (effectively day 2 of bonding) We took them for a short 20 mins car ride in the carrier again, then let them snuggle with each other in the puppy pen again for a while, then I went to work.
My boyfriend finished before me and had them in the puppy pen again for a bit before he went to band practice then i was home, and let them in the pen again.
Bailey nips Angel gently, there has been some teeny tiny grooms from both of them.
And still whenever Bailey tries to mount Angel she darts away, am I right in thinking this is a sign that she is contesting his bid for dominance by not letting him mount?
Currently they are lying flopped out at either ends of the puppy pen, kinda comfortable but not quite trusting each other yet.

I really want these guys to work and then get Parsley sorted out with a wifey bun, as now he can smell Bailey he seems to be a bit lonely.
But i'm making sure he gets unlimited noserubs galore, which seems to placate him for a bit ;)

Looooonggg post :lol:

Last edited:
It sounds really positive, I think if you've got a day when you can watch them for the day or couple of days, then if you leave them in the playpen together for 24-48hrs, then disinfect and clean the cage you should have them sorted. Depending on the size of the cage, you may want to leave the playpen to make sure they have plenty of room to get out each others way if they want.

Phew, i've been working for the past few days and have been exhausted.
We let them out for exercise in the small pen for a good few days. Bailey is definitely the dominant bun, as he nips angel to tell her where to go etc.
I'm getting quite astute at recognizing their ears etc.
There has been no scuffles so far and some snuggling, they flopped out at either ends of the pen and have gradually been moving closer :)
408340_457524694287944_1580174175_n.jpg

418793_457855730921507_1372618228_n.jpg

551849_457856020921478_1508931462_n.jpg

558718_457855970921483_989031039_n.jpg

The pen was made slightly bigger yesterday and it's all continuing to go well.
So now that i have two days off I shall be letting them stay in the same place at night. I doubt i'll get much sleep but it's ok, that's what coffee was invented for.
Taking Bailey to the vets tomorrow to get him registered. :)

So there has been more progress!
We took Bailey to the vets today and my vet cuddled him for like 10 mins before she examined him :) says he's a lovely bun.
He didn't really like being examined so he hopped back into the carrier to be with Angel :)
There has been virtually no nipping and Angel has been grooming Bailey little bits at a time.
We put them in the same cage just while I hoovered and now angel has been grooming and snuggling with him :love:
405315_458900194150394_1034331378_n.jpg

I am so happy!!! I hope it continues to go well!

Back