• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daily Bonding updates.

LiamP

Young Bun
Ok so i am starting to slowly attempt a bond with my 2 netherland dwarfs.

The idea of this thread is so i can update with whats happened each day and also so that if i make a mistake or bad decision that hopefully someone can point it out!

Day 1: So today i got them both into the bath (best neutral place i could think of) and had a towel ready in case of any fighting. Started off ok, they where both breathing heavily which i assume was them a bit scared of the new environment.

In total i had to break up about 4-5 little scraps, no blood or anything i stop it as soon as i see it although some fur was pulled. That leads me to my first question really, Curtis was actually eating the fur he pulled out of Corvin? Is this normal behaviour or something i need to look further into?

In total they where in there for about 30 minutes. They spent some time huddled together, Curtis was asking for licks by bowing his head but corvin just wouldnt have anything to do with it.

Corvin is 3.5 years old and has never been with a rabbit, i got him from a family whoes new baby was allergic. Is this going to make things harder?

Thanks all and ill update tomorrow night!

Ok so i am starting to slowly attempt a bond with my 2 netherland dwarfs.

The idea of this thread is so i can update with whats happened each day and also so that if i make a mistake or bad decision that hopefully someone can point it out!

Day 1: So today i got them both into the bath (best neutral place i could think of) and had a towel ready in case of any fighting. Started off ok, they where both breathing heavily which i assume was them a bit scared of the new environment.

In total i had to break up about 4-5 little scraps, no blood or anything i stop it as soon as i see it although some fur was pulled. That leads me to my first question really, Curtis was actually eating the fur he pulled out of Corvin? Is this normal behaviour or something i need to look further into?

In total they where in there for about 30 minutes. They spent some time huddled together, Curtis was asking for licks by bowing his head but corvin just wouldnt have anything to do with it.

Corvin is 3.5 years old and has never been with a rabbit, i got him from a family whoes new baby was allergic. Is this going to make things harder?

Thanks all and ill update tomorrow night!

Hi ya. Are they both neutered?

Hope it calms down for you :D

Are they both boys? It was their first time and it sounds like it's going quite well :thumb:

Determine which scraps are them working out who is going to be the dominant bun and which ones mean harm :)

Not sure about the fur thing :)

Hope it calms down for you :D

Are they both boys? It was their first time and it sounds like it's going quite well :thumb:

Determine which scraps are them working out who is going to be the dominant bun and which ones mean harm :)

Not sure about the fur thing :)

They have actually been together before and where REALLY good. Lots of laying down next to each other cuddling and grooming. But it would always end in fighting. I stopped it and was bitten hard on the foot and its actually scarred. I dont want anything to happen to the rabbits so i layed off for a few weeks (the reason for this was because Curtis was only actually neutered a few weeks prior, id tried to bond them early because Curtis was with another bun all his life and they seemed so good with each other through the bars etc.)

It is going alright though, its hard to judge which is working out dominance or not they usually just fling into a kicking match suddenly lol.

Oh and yes both are boys.

Back