• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding my big baby boy rabbit!

GiantOreo

Young Bun
hello im new to this forum so please bear with me!

i rescued my rabbit in April. he was born at the end of january.
5 weeks ago i got him netured and in about a hour hes got his jabs =[

i rescued him from this lady who was moving house and wasnt aloud any pets, she was devestated and was giving them to resuces.
so i rescued one. he has a certificate saying he a giant french lop.
but he is not giant at all what so ever! he isnt even the same size as a normal fully grown rabbit ?
i was wondering if he would get any bigger?

i have a few questions... sorry!
will he get any bigger ?
and im looking into getting him a wendy house/ shed ?

as i just rescued one im looking into rescuing him a friend hence why i want to get a big wendy house for him?
i know rabbit really enjoy being with other rabbits.

another thing oreo HATES being picked up but will happily sit there being stroked for ages!.

it was the best thing i ever did was adopt him he really is my baby!
he costs me a arm and a leg!. but all worth it!

thank you all!
sorry if none of that makes sence

Welcome :wave:

Could you put up a photo of Oreo at all so we can assist in identifying his breed?

Most rabbits hate being picked up as it simulates the being picked up by a predator.

1he7n8.jpg

ill try get another photo

He looks very much like a french lop actually, id say his size looks around about right.

What size rabbits are you used to? :lol:

im not really used to any size.
tho a lady who rescues rabbit showed me a french lop and he was massive compared to oreo.
2mo5mk9.jpg
[/IMG]

Oreo is a very beautiful rabbit and as he was born at the end of Jan he will still grow a little bit more up until he is a year old. Yes I think he will love a friend and a wendy house as they are so much better than hutches. They will be very lucky bunnies. Please ask any more questions you may have.

Oreo is a very beautiful rabbit and as he was born at the end of Jan he will still grow a little bit more up until he is a year old. Yes I think he will love a friend and a wendy house as they are so much better than hutches. They will be very lucky bunnies. Please ask any more questions you may have.

Thank you so much!
Im trying to looking into places so i can rescue a rabbit and bond them with oreo.
He is one very spolit rabbit he has the whole garden to himself.
Every timr he sees me he runs up and licks my leg!
What size wendy house shall i look for. Ive been looking fot no smaller than 6 x 4?
Thank you again

If you are getting Oreo a friend say as big as him I would think a 6' x 6' playhouse would be the minimum size. I have 2 medium rabbits in a 7' x 5' shed and I think they have a good amount of space. You can also put in a second level like lots of us do with a ramp up to it. There are some good examples in the housing section. The down side to a shed is it is taller but you don't have to bend all the time when cleaning etc. There are rescues around which will also bond the bunnies for you.

Back