• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You guys. Need practical advice. Need it now, only have 24 hours to make a decision

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Ok Bandit and Cutie-pie live in the 2nd bedroom. There is a double bed but they seem to live under it, much to my dismay.

They have a separate base. I really want them to have more space, plus this is coupled with the problem that my uncle is coming over from Oz to stay with us for 7 weeks. OH very unhappy, that is another story.

So I can get this single fold up futon or keep the double bed. Will they hate not having the double bed to hide under ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180952949450&ssPageName=ADME:X:SCO:GB:1123

I'd keep the double bed. They use it as a little warren type setup to hide under, in a dark cool area like wildies :love:

How does your uncle feel about living with rabbits for 7 weeks? :lol:

I'd keep the double bed. They use it as a little warren type setup to hide under, in a dark cool area like wildies :love:

How does your uncle feel about living with rabbits for 7 weeks? :lol:

Well he knows what the 3 chinnies are like. He knew all my bunnies, but not my current 3. He will love Mr Bennett, as he is a friendly bun.

It becomes a bit weird when your bunnies have their own bedroom. :lol::lol:

Mine do too :)

I think stay as it is :D

One thing I will do is change to a metal bed, rather than pine.

What I am going to have to do, and make sure it is of vital importance, is keep the bedroom shut. I would not like the 3 buns to meet.

I will put up a sign and put the barrier across the door. You know what bunny unaware people can be like.

Might actually move Mr B into our room for safety. Keep him confined to one room. He won't like it, but he will be safe.

My lops love hanging out under the bed. i have boxes of forage under there which Mini moves to make tunnels and warrens (and nicks timothy hay and apples sticks out of the boxes if they're full up).

My lops love hanging out under the bed. i have boxes of forage under there which Mini moves to make tunnels and warrens (and nicks timothy hay and apples sticks out of the boxes if they're full up).

Thats very reassuring I was feeling very bad about this. Not so much Mr Bennett as he favourite place is sitting on the bedroom floor, facing out into the hallway.

However, Cutie-pie and Bandit seem to literally live under the bed in the other bedroom. I always think it can't be natural. Well I know its not natural, but I have provided them nearly all the space in the bedroom by removng all the furniture and I see little sign they do this.

I can almost guarantee than if my lionheads had a bed in their room they'd be under it a lot of the time too. They just seem to like having something over them, I guess it makes them feel safer.

I can almost guarantee than if my lionheads had a bed in their room they'd be under it a lot of the time too. They just seem to like having something over them, I guess it makes them feel safer.

Could be. I know they love their base being covered in throws, rather then being open.

I wouldn't worry about them under the bed. I watch my guys outside and it's fascinating whenever a plane flies over they run for cover. I think it means they feel safe, big birds cannot see them and swoop down to grab them . Afraid i can't do much to help with unhappy OH

Mine used to hang out under my bed when I had bunnies free ranging my room. Izzy would sleep under the bed but he'd come out when I was in the room and follow me around. He was like a little puppy :lol:

It wasn't ever annoying that he spent time under there since he didn't spend an abnormally long time under there, but I know exactly what you mean because recently my duck, Mallory, started hanging out under my bed. It was driving me crazy because I could never get Mallory out from under there and she lost a lot of weight, her breast bone was sticking out, so I had to block off the bed for her health. She's now gained back her weight and is acting normally again, thank goodness.

Mine used to hang out under my bed when I had bunnies free ranging my room. Izzy would sleep under the bed but he'd come out when I was in the room and follow me around. He was like a little puppy :lol:

Mine do that too. Usually because they want food!

Back