• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big enough?

New to the forum.. Rabbit mummy to elderly (7 years) French Lop gentleman..

My boy currently lives in a converted 6footx6foot shed but we were badly affected by the heavy rains and floods that hit the North East and it's been badly damaged to the point were its now not repairable. It's had many repairs over the years..

Need a hutch sharpish until we can fund another shed.. Is this one big enough? http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/single-storey-rabbit-hutches/22 The biggest sized one, the 6ftx2ftx2ft?

6ftx2ftx2ft is the minimum recommended housing size so technically yes, but the bigger the better. That should be fine though :wave:

6ftx2ftx2ft is the minimum recommended housing size so technically yes, but the bigger the better. That should be fine though :wave:

Technically, its a 6x2x2 hutch + an 8x4 run :) So in theory a 6x2 hutch is much too small, especially for a frenchy unfortunately. He used to have a 6x6 which is 36 sq ft. a 6x2 only offers 12 sq foot, so you are reducing his space to 1/3. Does he have a run? If so, could you attach a run to the new 6x2?

Yes, but it's only 6ftx4ft :( - it's freestanding (so I can move it around) - with a box/shelter built into it, he goes out there in the morning (weather permitting) and goes back in his shed for tea time..

Can anyone recomend a better, bigger one? I need something I can order tonight? It needs to be one level Barnaby's not so mobile anymore..?

Technically, its a 6x2x2 hutch + an 8x4 run :) So in theory a 6x2 hutch is much too small, especially for a frenchy unfortunately. He used to have a 6x6 which is 36 sq ft. a 6x2 only offers 12 sq foot, so you are reducing his space to 1/3. Does he have a run? If so, could you attach a run to the new 6x2?

I stand corrected, didn't read the bit about a Frenchie as well :oops:

Back